Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I want to SSH into a Cisco 1841 router and depending on the suffix added to the SSH (i.e ssh myrouter.myroute.com 2002), would like it to forward this request to a terminal server.Can this be done?  If so, how does one accomplish this?  I have done s...

dpatkins by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I will be creating a Voice VLAN this week. We had some problems with a multicast storm that our older VOIP phones couldn't handle that prompted this. The phones don't support LLDP so I will be using the Telephony OUI feature of the switch. It ...

I'm having a problem with clientes (pc and APs) getting their ip address from a dhcp server (windows 2008) running in a virtual machine.The vsphere was done by a vmware team and I just had to work with they did in the past.The attached picture shows ...

I am confused when attempting to figure total heat dissipation (BTU) information for telecommunications rooms / data centers, when looking at the 4500-E and 6500-E series switches. Normally Cisco documentation will provide BTU information for the pow...

Hi, guys    Could anyone please help me out here?    My scenario is as follows:    The access switch is connected to a server with two ports G0/45 and G0/46. The two ports are also in the port-channel 2.    From show interface results, only individua...

Hello everyone,I was wondering if someone can help me out. I have recently purchased 12 Cisco 3850 switches but I am having an issue stacking them. I can only get 4 to stack but according to Cisco you can stack up to 9 I believe. I am running IOS 3.3...

abe_alawy by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello community!I have one 4507R+E with dual Sup7L-E (ADV-Enterprise) and one 4506E with Sup6L-E. A want create wss so I have several questions.Q #1: New software release of Sup7L-E still need to have identical number of slots in vss chaises? No plan...

Hi,I had my Cisco 877 unplugged for six weeks during my vacation and now it refuses to bring up my ATM interface. It comes briefly up on boot goes momentarily into status up/up just to go into up/down in a matter of seconds. This is a configuration t...

Kim Alm by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A little background: I've taken the first two of a four part Cisco CCNA course through my local community college and have a pretty decent grasp on VLANs and how to set them up with Cisco equipment.The problem I'm looking for a solution to here is 3r...

cwkronk01 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there, Can anyone assist me on this one? We've had constant issues with this switch since we put it in, with it trying to be clever and disabling ports on us part of the port security 'feature'. I have a port that is telling me there is no device ...

steven by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all,we got a 3650 switch that goes up/down from time to time.the config it's just normal trunking.i suspect it could be an issue with the fiber SFP.could someone advise what's the nominal value for optical receive power?anything else to look at? #...

HiAre BPDU sent on all port of switch with any status or sent only some status?On one switch with stp enable,we have 3 status for port,DP,BLK,Root. On Which status are BPDU sent ?Thanks in advance

N.ima0102 by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes