Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,Regarding Root Port election in a Spanning-Tree topology, the first consideration for the Root Port is the Path Cost to the Root Bridge. However, I understand that by changing the bandwidth of a specific port, you can make it your choice Root ...

Hello, I have a special case with exactly one TCP session, which is not transported:SRC-IP A with Source Port 48408 The capture on the SPAN port shows, that the packet is delivered from the switchport to the router, but the router never receives the ...

richi3161 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I need to edit extended named ACLs which have sequence number from 10 - 1500 in a sequence of 10, the original ACL has the following config  1110 permit tcp 10.251.150.0 0.0.0.255 host 11.25.160.13 eq 1433 1434 1120 permit tcp 10.251.150.0 0.0.0....

prigney81 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have a core switch with a single outgoing link upto my firewalls. I have a backup site so if that primary outgoing link fails, my traffic is routed to my backup site and that also has an external link.I am using IPSLA for this failover so on my c...

Hi everybody,I am trying to capture BPDU for PVST+,  Could any body please tell me what is the destination mac is used in BPDU for PVST+ ? Thanks and have a great day 

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does Cisco have a full featured layer2 (or layer3) 24 port switch that is fanless?  I'm looking for something similar in features to the 2960 C Compact Switches that max out at 12 10/100 ports and 2 Gigabit uplinks on the WS-C2960C-12PC-L models and ...

NPT_2 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Rather than opening a case would like to understand how OSPF works on a lan when we have HSRP active.To describe the issue I have three l3 switches tied A - B - C all running ospf and on the same vlan.  HSRP runs between B and C with C being both the...

gbraver by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

After upgrading a 2960-X to IOS 15.2 i get the following message: Jul 22 14:20:51.933: %ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: This Switch may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's authorization. This product may contain software that was copie...

Resolved! DHCP Spoofing

Hello,I wish to setup DHCP Spoofing on my system. I just have a couple of questions please. 1. Do I need to configure this on every switch on the system? Or just the core Layer 3 switch that hosts the VLANS?2. Can I put the port trust command on a tr...