Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Labels

Forum Posts

I recently purchased my first Cisco 3750 24 port switch (2006)  This is a first for me .... I have consoled into the switch and am using PuTTy for the CLI. I have gotten along very well creating the hostname, VLAN, security, etc.  Up until I attempt ...

We have a new site coming online connected to our core network. The site is 4 miles away and we have dark fiber. We are connecting dual 10Gb links and are using 10g-lr-s sfps. The core has 6509s and the site is using 3850s. There is an Lc-Lc fiber pa...

Hello,I have to routers in a lab connected with a serial cable.When I want to use hdlc as encapsulation, I just have to configure a ip address and the no shutwon command because hdlc is default.On the DCE side, what I can check with "show controllers...

Hi, I have CISCO 2960 two switches, now I did teaming in server after that I connected one patch cable to one switch and another patch cable to another switch, the following image will shows you how the connectivity was, can I do like this Regards,Th...

Hi gurus,   Below are my logging configurations   R2#show log Syslog logging: enabled (12 messages dropped, 0 messages rate-limited, 0 flushes, 0 overruns, xml disabled, filtering disabled) No Active Message Discriminator. No Inact...

SJ K by Level 5
  • 12 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Been a part of this network for several years.  It started flat, as we've grown we've added more VLANs for VoIP, Storage, vMotion etc.  All the while, we've had our users and servers on VLAN1.  I now have the task of migrating us away from VLAN1.  I'...

Hi,We are trying to decide if we should use Catalyst 3750 or 4948 to do switching and routing in a data centre.Previously some reasons for buying 4948 have been redundant power supplies and non-blocking switches.Now with the new Catalyst 3750-X comin...

net-harry by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3750 switch with two 48-port switches connected via stacking cable.  On these switches I have two VLANS: VLAN100 for data,  and VLAN300 for Desktop VTCs (dVTCs).  I configured the switch with VLAN 100 having an ip address.I have verified:-IP...

Hi,I have 2 4500X-16SPF+ and i want to use VSS but i'm asking if the management of port is the same than a StackWise.For exemple, can I manage 32 ports or just 16 ? Does it works like Teen 1/0/1-16 and Teen 2/0/1-16 ?Thx