Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am having a brain fart tonight...If I have a Cisco 9300-24P using 200watts at 208v (as measured on a PDU), and I swapped it to a 120v power source, the wattage used would still be 200watts, correct?Thank you

LDoulias by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,On an ISP network, good practice is to switch the backbone to an MTU of 9000 on the access interfaces between the different equipment.Should we pass the sub-interfaces (VLAN) or access interface that allow to form the IGP with BGP/EIGRP process...

Hello,I am trying to enable a Q-in-Q tunnel behind these two Nexus switches (92304Q,9236C) but I cannot reach the other side. I read this document"https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/interfaces/configuration/gui...

ez9 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am looking for some clarification regarding StackWise Virtual in Cisco 9500 and 9600  I can stack two switches Cisco 9500 or 9600 that each one of them in different building by StackWise Virtual ?  What is the maximum distance between the tw...

Let's say we have got pure layer 2 switch, for example cisco old model 2960 switch. The ports on this switch model does not support routing mode. So, in this case whey every ports of this switch have got their own mac address? What is the purpose of ...

I have a switch Cisco 2960 x series 48 ports. I don't know whether it's previously used or not so I want to access via console port using putty but the switch isn't access through console port . Putty window open but nothing is appear on that window ...

Waqar ali by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am using Cisco 9300 48UXM-E, after configuring when I reload the switch I am losing configuration. Switch is coming as new and when we use command copy start run config is coming back. On my research I understood that config-register is not changin...

Pavan.0703 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiWe resently have a lot of log entrys in our switches regardig DHCP snooping. Like thise two:007850: Nov 26 09:02:55.484 CET: %DHCP_SNOOPING-5-DHCP_SNOOPING_MATCH_MAC_FAIL: DHCP_SNOOPING drop message because the chaddr doesn't match source mac, mess...

Hii everyone,I am currently running into an issue when I try to upload a new .bin image to one of our C9300-48P switches.When I try to upload the image using "copy tftp: flash: " I get the error that says "permission denied"When I check the directory...

RichySlo by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes