Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Good day guys!I have a question in mind and every input would be greatly appreciated.My boss told me to create a sample data network design for 300 users. I need to choose which access and distribution layer switch to use(there will be no core switch...

ausarian1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I am having a network core4507 and 2960 as access in any case power of core gose down many access switches shows solid amber light in sfp we need to restart the switch or we remove the sfp and connect to the other sfp port that works but soli...

Welcome to the Cisco® Support Community Ask the Expert conversation.  This is an opportunity to learn and ask questions about Cisco® NX-OS. The biggest limitation to a classic port channel communication is that the port channel operates only between ...

Hi all,Need to ask question when  using VTP transparent mode is it good idea to use VTP domain name and password?I know for switches in transparent mode they act as independent of each other.So need to know why we should use vtp do...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We have ASA 5505 setup at a client site and have just installed a new VoIP system.  The phones/telco server are on VLAN200 at 10.20.6.0/24, computers on VLAN1 at 172.20.6.0/24. We need to be able to route traffic from VLAN1 to VLAN 200.  I went a...

Hi,I have added few more modules to C6509-E and when I did 'show module' one of the WS-SUP720-3BXL come up as "Unknown (Other)". Any idea on the possible cause of this?Router#show moduleMod Ports Card Type                              Model          ...

David Kuo by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a FEX that shows Fail/Shutdown when I issue the command "show environment fex".  However, the status light of the FEX power supply is green.  None of my other FEXes show this behavior.  I also replaced the power supply but nothing changed....

3diamondt by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi expertI have tried to configure nat for a subnet, and I can ping from external, but not get remote desktop work. my configure is below: interface vlan 111   ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0   ip nat inside   if flow ingress   ip pim sparse-dense-...

julxu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,  I recently installed a EHWIC card on the Cisco 3925 router. After that I saw in my network monitoring tool that the interfaces Backplane, NVI, Null0 have started showing bandwidth utilisation. I understand the bandwidth util in the 'Backplane-Gi...

We have a 6500 core switch which handles all the routing for multiple Vlans.  The cores default gateway is an ASA 5510 to the internet.  All outlying switches are 3750's with trunks to them and are part of the same VTP domain (6500 server).We are int...