Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

OK, I have two L3 switches running OSPF. One is in area 0 and area 120 (ABR) and the other is in area 120 but also redistributes connected and static subnets (making it an ASBR?). The ABR is configured with area 120 nssa no-summary and the other with...

Hi Guys.  I am in the process of designing a network for a 16 floor building.  The network is going to Include around 400 IP Cameras- all POE or UPOE going back to a central location.  Everything is going to be Multicasting. My questions are: What sw...

Hi all,I've ran into an issue with a dhcp pool on a WS-C3750-48P running  c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-50.SE2.  The UserVoice2 pool (see below) has  run out of addresses but should still have 10 left - debug ip dhcp  server events shows clients trying t...

Hi team, I would like to get some clarification around the licence requirements for the 4500X switches please.From what I can see there are two licence upgrades available under the C4500-LIC= code:C4500X-16P-IP-ES    IP Base to Ent. Services license ...

lpassmore by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying   to configure my router 2801 AND 1841 with ipv6 but it says unrecognized command. RouterA(config)#ipv6 ?% Unrecognized commandRouterA(config)#ipv6heres the IOS VER.       c2801-spservicesk9-mz.124-15.T13b.bin for router 1841 same thing: ...

Question:We have a need to extend additional Vlans (separate broadcast segments) to a remote site; which using L2TPv3 works very well. However, we are having problems understanding why we cannot get Cisco spanning-tree MST 802.1s operational across ...

hi, i have two siwtches connected to each other on a routed link but using access port so sw 1spanning tree vlan 10 priority 4096int vlan 10ip add 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0 int gi0/1sw mo accsw acc vlan 10 swi 2spanning tree vlan 20 prioty 4096int vlan ...

I have a switch in which I am attempting to get a logging discriminator to work but it doesn't appear to want to do so.Reading through this documentation:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t11/htnmsylg.html#wp1056391and searching the ...

relia by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to get the total number of multicast groups on a switch. Is there an oid that will give me the info (ie. the number that's given by "show ip igmp snooping groups count")? If there is no oid, is there a way query the  groups (show ip igmp snoop...

I have a client who's network is divided (with VLANs) by floor in their building. With dot1x authentication enabled all users are leasing an IP address from the first DHCP pool regardless of how the port is tagged.So for instance, VLAN 700 is the 2nd...

I have a complex question, maybe not. We recently move half of our servers to a data Center, we are connected Via a layer two link. At HQ we have two Nexus 7k, and at the DC two Nexus 5k. all our routing is located at HQ at the moment. Currently the ...

dcoonce84 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes