Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Port status ...

Hello,Scenario:I have C2960X- 48 gigabit Ethernet ports.At the other end are computers. Problem - Question:The computer is turned off (not on standby),But status of port is up ...GigabitEthernet1/0/10 is up, line protocol is up (connected) Encapsulat...

Ritter Rs by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two switches running as HSRP and one of L2 switch connected to ASA. Currenty L3 Primary switch is a root bridge. so, in terms of STP, the link between L2 switch and Secondary is not active. I like to  change a root bridge to L2, then from se...

Hi Experts..Pls help me in setting up QoS for my company. I have MPLS circuit for my all company locations. Main locations has 60mb MPLS circuit and branch locations has 20mb each. I have CME in my main location to which VOIP phones are registered. S...

Anukalp S by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

There is a problem about "negotiation auto" in Cisco ASR 901. The case is that I config my port in "negotiation-auto" on ASR901. If the-other-side device(non-Cisco) sets it's port in force-up/speed 100. My port will be nego-auto/100-half. From my und...

Hi guys, Pls help me to explain a multicast problem: I have a topology like this: source(224.6.6.6)--R1---R2(RP)---R4---R5---R6---Receiver I use GNS3 lab, PIM-SM, R2 is RP. So I think between R2--R4--R5--R6 just see the shared tree, but when i show i...

Vu Duong by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello-I am looking to clarify a point of confusion for myself regrading connecting an access port to a trunk port. Consider the following switchport config on switch1:Switch#1interface GigabitEthernet0/5 switchport switchport access vlan 6 ....and ...

bwagner48 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,I have a hard time configuring selective QinQ on 4900M platform. What I would like to achieve is to have some VLANs (e.g. 1-5)  put into QinQ VLAN (e.g. 699) and to pass other VLANs (e.g. 132,133) without outer tag. Here is my configuration:S...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card