cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

VSS domain ID best practices

Hi all,A very simple query here. Just looking for some feedback and examples of peoples thoughts regarding this.When issuing domain IDs VSS' in a single organisation at what number do you start issuing from? Do you start from 1 or 255 or somewhere el...

Multicast Data Drop on 3750X

We are currently experiencing random multicast data dropouts on ports that are connected to a 3750X in VLAN ports.A test PC was connected to a routed port and we do not have any dropouts of the multicast data.We also took a 2960G and plugged it into ...

James_S33 by Beginner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

3750X performance after one member reboots

Scenario:Pure 3750X-48PS ip base stackOne switch reboots from a power issue (possibly the master switch? Haven't confirmed yet in the 3 cases I've seen)The rest of the stack stays running fine (as it should), the rebooted switch rejoins the stack jus...

ieee1284c by Beginner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Switch to ROMMON from IOS

Hello,i'm not sure, but i think i heard once that it is possible to switch (not boot!) to ROMMON mode during a fully loaded/bootet IOS with some Key sequence.Is that correct or am i mistaken? If so, to what platforms does that apply to? And where can...

Resolved! router interface bandwidth assignment

Dear, If I have 10Mbps internet bandwidth for company used and I would like to assign bandwidth to both fastethernet and Tunnel, which of the below setup is correct to assign bandwidth(If I have 10M, does it limited and not excess 10M like below?  7M...

alan-wong by Beginner
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

ip policy route-map does not working

Hi,I tried to apply the ip policy route-map command to an interface vlan X, but is not working.Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image                 ------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------            ...

Resolved! 1841 - no outside connection

I've got a (lab) 1841 router, that wont connect to the outside(internet)Cannot ping 8.8.8.8 from routerMy config isCurrent configuration : 1005 bytes!version 12.4service configservice timestamps debug datetime msecservice timestamps log datetime msec...

sp0000003 by Beginner
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Unicast flooding issue with 3750g

Hi all,Sniffing on an host interface connected to my 3750g I get many unicast packet destined to different hosts and not coming from the machine where I started the sniffing task. Doing some investigations I realized that several mac addresses was di...

ASR1002-X maximum BroadBand Session

I have a request whereby they need 50,000 maximum sessions on a 5Gig connectivity.i did the excersice based on 1006 (looking at the link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr1000/configuration/guide/chassis/scaling_ps9343_TSD_Products_Configur...

Monitoring tools?

Hello,I'm using Netflow and Solarwinds Orion NPM at work to monitor routers and servers and ports on switches, one of the tools that is great is the real-time bandwidth gauge tool which lets me see how much bandwidth a port is using on a server or ro...

Private vlans

Hi, everyone.I have some questions considering private vlans. I understand how it had to be configured and who it works in general. But i have some questions considering its functionality in depth.As i understand during the frame encapsulation proces...

vg224 flashcard problem

Hi! I have a strange problem with my vg224. I see this message during boot:flash: CompactFlash not present.And my vg224 boot in rommon. But I can see flashcard like slot0, I can normaly boot router from rommon:rommon> boot slot0:vg224.binI cann't do ...

paa by Beginner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes