Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Labels

Forum Posts

Can someone please explain me the terms DTE and DCE ? These are confusing a lot.Any link or doc is also fine.Thanks in advance.Regards, Chandu       

Hi all,I am testing a new setup using VASI interfaces on a ASR1001 router , but I am not able to communicatie through this logical VASI pair.I have read a few documents which are availble, which aren't too many btw, but I seem not to get the hang of ...

Hi,We are planning to upgrade two of our Catalyst 6500 switches to version 15.1(2)SY1 Advanced IP Services.The switches have dual supervisors and are currently running version 12.2(33)SXI11, but we have faced some issues and also would also like to e...

net-harry by Beginner
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have cisco3750 switch i am trying to make ether channel on that switch below is the configuration i have done on same switchinterface GigabitEthernet1/0/23 switchport mode trunk speed auto 10 100 1000 duplex full channel-group 1 mode on!interface G...

My Router always boots in rommon mode even though I boot the image from usb and cleared the complete flash and coped the ios from usb but i am unable to boot from flash not even with commandboot flash: (ios file name)when it starts System Bootstrap, ...

Hi everyone,So just out of the blue, one of my 2950's stopped working.  It's one in my home lab, but still...I can connect via console cable, but the switch doesn't accept any keyboard commands.I can see the full boot sequence, and if I plug in/unplu...

helios123 by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a cisco WS-C3750G-24TS with IOS flash :/ c3750-mz.122-ipservicesk9-25.SEB4.bin "I purchased a new Cisco WS-C3750X-24 with the IOS flash :/ c3750e-universalk9-mz.150-1.SE/c3750e-universalk9-mz.150-1.SE.bin. ( NEW ) When i configured a stack bet...

Resolved! U.D.P Why?

When thinking about the utilization of T.C.P & U.D.P i don't get why there is a need to provide 2 separate protocols? Can't a header field be introduced to activate the control function of T.C.P thus eliminating the need for 2 protocols?-...

fb_webuser by Frequent Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have one cisco 2960 switch . On that switch interface gi0/8 is connected to device. But when i want to show the mac address connected on that port ii cant found itStep 1>SH int statusStep 2 >How i can found that port connected device mac add.And ot...