Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I need to create  a IP PIM RP for a  specific multicast group to run on my local network. I want my edge router(a c3750 Layer3 switch actually)  to be the RP for this group to serve a  small group of downstream c3750 Layer 3 switches.Multicast is alr...

The feature list for IOS 12.x and 15.x for the Catalyst 4500 series specifically says it does not support reflexive ACL's or CBAC (unlike the bigger 6500 series).  However, release notes for IOS XE 3.5.0E or better make no mention of it at all.Can an...

HI there, have 2 4500x in vss mode. both are running 3.4.2 ipbase and are running on the correct licences etc. after putting them in VSS mode the following error shows in the logs. %SW_LEVEL-6-RESULT: Operational redundancy mode is UNKNOWN, due to so...

Good afternoon all. I am looking into traffic policing and shaping and neither seem to do what I need to do. Basically on a trunked switch port, I would like to prioritise traffic coming into a port by it's VLAN tag, the trunk connects to an ESX host...

Chigo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good Day guysI am given this assignment to complete the switch setup for 2960To tell the truth, I am lost between lines of command and I cant seem to make them up and complete my assignment.no service padservice timestamps debug uptimeservice timesta...

ssmanfr3d by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have a stack of two 3850s connected to a Nexus 7k via a L2 access port.We have found that unless the VLANs match on the 3850 and the Nexus 7K access port you cannot ping between the 3850 and the Nexus 7k (or indeed between hosts connetced to thes...

Resolved! cisco logging

Hello, I want to create a log of commands that I enter into my switch and router.I have used the following command:logging buffered 128000 informationalHowever when I am ready to view my past commands, I enter "show logging" but I do not see the past...

I have a 3560 switch, with 10 hosts connected to the switch. When we ping the switch from any of the hosts we are seeing 20% packet loss. When we ping from host to host we are not seeing the packet loss. It looks like the packet loss is only observed...

All, I am planning to upgrade IOS at  WS-C3750G-48TS-S   ,I copied IOS  checked the md5 all looking good , however  when I check  " show boot " I am getting below logs for the existing IOS  , to load new IOS  that is c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-58.SE2...

Cordial saludoQuisiera saber si mi switch cisco 6509, soporta OVT, para hacer una estreched vlan..Cisco IOS Software, s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-IPSERVICES_WAN-M), Version 12.cisco WS-C6509 (R7000) processor

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card