Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear All,I have a project consists of 18 IDF rooms with 55x48 1G ports Access Switches, 2 x10 G uplinks to each core switch (2xN7k), 270 Wireless Access points.what is the preferred switch? Cisco 2960-XR was recommanded for access switch, is there an...

Hello.We are looking to have a setup like this:                                                      User PCs                                                            |                                                            |                   ...

Hi ,How we can check the chassis serial number ( Not Process ID). My switch is Cisco WS-C6509. Show Inventory and Show Diag is not working in this switch. Is there any other cmd for getting the chassis S/N.

I've been working on getting wake on LAN setup in our corp network.  At the center of our network are a pair of Nexus 7Ks.  While I have been successful in getting WoL to work over UDP 7 across subnets and out to our remote sites, I have not been suc...

Hi,I'm trying to configure a RSPAN with multiple source ports on multiple switches and 1 destination port.On the first switch I have :Session 1---------Type                   : Remote Source SessionSource Ports           :     Both               : Po...

If you have VLAN 10 on a switch which is meant to carry your data traffic, and VLAN 20 which is meant to carry your voice traffic, and a switch port is default vlan 10, and tagged for vlan 20, but the PC hangs off a port on the phone, are you actuall...

WStoffel1 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am troubleshooting an issue with CPU utilization on a 3750X stack. The show controllers cpu-interface tells me that the icmp queue counter is growing quite fast ... about 5000 per second. I read that this is a queue for ICMP redirect messages.Now, ...

I am trying to restrict a VLAN120 from accessing VLAN504. Here is what I have.VLAN120 10.1.50.0VLAN504 10.1.98.0Extended IP access list voip    50 deny ip any 10.1.98.0 0.0.0.255    100 permit ip any anyinterface Vlan120 description ip address 10.1.5...

hi all,i just noticed today that i have a client in my manufacturing with about 300 feet connected to my switch, a laptop on the generator maintenance.  how far is the guide line i can have for a switch like 2960s?  i think i had this on my exam befo...

Hi allIt‘s a 3750 switchMy colleague can  login to the device remotely via SSH,But when he Telnet to the other equipment in 3750 by cli,3750 will be instant high CPU, The device will not work properly。model and ios versionWS-C3750G-24TS     12.2(55)S...

Hello,I have a stack of 9x3750X switches and one of them has just crashed. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?6 15:22:24.608: %SWITCH_QOS_TB-5-TRUST_DEVICE_DETECTED: cisco-phone detected on port Gi4/0/39, port's configured trust state is no...

Hi,what uplinks on 6500 sup used for? is it just provide connectiving to the uplink switch? if so,  how would it be different if we provide uplink connectivity through line card ports instead?what's 6500 HA uplink and HA redundancy?

gavin han by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes