Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! NSSA confusion

Hi all, I just needed to confirm one thing. I know that if i have 2 ABRs connected to NSSA area one of them will be selected as the translator. Now when i look at the ospf database, i can see external entry by one ABR only which is fine. But when i l...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, in vPC configuration in case of dual-active the secondary vPC-peer susends all it vPC-Ports.In addition to that its possible to suspend the orphan-ports (which are not connected via vPC) as well by configuring under the interfacehttp://www.cisco....

What's the difference between these two approaches and which one is recommended in what scenarios? ip access-list extended ICMPpermit icmp any any class-map ICMPmatch access-group name ICMPvs class-map ICMPmatch protocol ICMP

Dear all,Does any one know the full name of part number as below?1- WS-C3650-48FS what is full name WS, FS?2- WS-C3650-48TQwhat is full name TQ?3-  WS-C2960X-48FPD-Lwhat is full name X , FPD-Ldo you have link to show on this ?Best Regards,Rechard

Hi All,           I am seeing odd CPU utilization on Cisco switches. The thing is when no body login to switch the CPU utilizationis around 55 - 58 %. ( Result from monitoring chart and when I login and check CPU, I can see the five min is around 57%...

Hi,We have Cisco 4507R-E and we see a high CPU even at nights when there is no much more traffic on the switch. Here are the some cpu cpmmand outputs.sh proc cpu sort  69    52873350   108228799        488 13.35% 10.93% 10.60%   0 Cat4k Mgmt LoPri   ...

hi all ,i have iphone 5 with ios 7.0.3 (11b511)the proiblem is when i use  cisco vpn on iphone , it is connected on iphone ,but  dont work !!!!and the subnet that should be reached from vpn  ,  is un accessible and cant ping it .note that i can ping ...

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I recently swapped out a 3750 stack with a 3850 stack and I am not getting the same results when I am spanning a port.I am mirroring the switchport connected to the inside of our ASA and sending the traffic to the switchport of my IDS.  I have notice...

The existing network structure of our vessel when i get onboard is detailed below:                                                                                                                                                      /---- Bridge Switc...

hi ,please help me in solving these questions?1) what will switch first check when a frame enters its port, is it VLAN or D MAC? 2)in STP when a switch with higher BID(>root BID) is added to the network  and which wont form any loo...

Can some please elobarate this ? IEEE 802.1Q defines       a single instance of spanning tree that runs on the native VLAN for all the       VLANs in the network. This is called Mono Spanning Tree (MST). This lacks the       flexibility and load bala...

Hi,I need some help setting up  L3 Cisco 3560 for my VM lab. I have setup a few vlans and at this point I am trying to test out routing and connectivity. I came across with two issues and I am trying to get good advise from the experst since I am not...