Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi experts  we have   a  4600  series  switch and  i am  trying to configure  multicast  inside  a vrf .   core(config)#ip multicast-routing ?  as  i see we dont  have  support  for   vrf  multicast   right now . ie   ip multicast-routing vrf  VPNA ...

Hello everyone,Does somebody knows if the catalyst 4507R+E with WS-X45-SUP7-E supervisor is able to route jumbo frames? In global config mode I only see the "System mtu" command but not "System mtu routing" such as in the 3750X. Thanks in advance,Gre...

Hi,I am marking Microsoft-DS SMB file sharing traffic with DSCP 46 and it supposed to be priorized over FTP traffic however each has 50% bandwith when files are being uploaded.I would like to see that SMB is getting priorized.Please give me suggestio...

Interesting issue.In reading the following doc http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/15.0_1_se/configuration/guide/swadmin.html#wp1063713I understand the difference between dynamic and static mac, however, ...

Hello,when we want to make redundancy in a network, which is a best practice between stacking and redundancy protocol such as HSRP? and which provide better cost between them?I wanna know, if we can make link aggregation with another vendor device su...

Hello All,I'm trying to prioritize UDP traffic over TCP traffic for a WAN overseas. I've decided to go with the access-list option to prioritize UDP. The commands I've used so far are:class-map match-all UDP match access-group 101class-map match-all ...

Hi.Is it possible to configure trunk interface to be Q in Q on client side, so all client packets get tagged twice?Here is our situation - our service provider gave us several VLANS and we are using dot1q trunks with them. But, since it's different o...

I have a 2951 and I'm trying to consolidate from 2 ISP connections down to 1. Current setup is 1 ISP is strictly for guest access, the other is for internal office access.From the console I can ping all interfaces, clients on each interface and I can...

jbatchos1 by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Having an issue with Catalyst 3560G and 3750 switches and VTP.We have a 3750 switch that is in server mode. We dont actually use VTP but never changed it from server mode and never had any issues.Into that 3750 we have a number of 3560 switche...