Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HI All,I have Cisco 2960-24 TC-L switch,I want to do the MAC address binding and follwed following steps:went to Port security enabled it for max. of 3 Mac address. and created 3 MAC address into it. But when i set max. to 4 or 5 it automatically tak...

I am not sure where to put this question. But i hope someone can help me.There are many Cisco documents that when i access give me 403 forbidden error mentioned below.Can any one tell what package i need to buy from Cisco so that i have full access t...

helloI am using a quality of service policy outbound on a symmetrical 4Mbs interfacethe link shows rx  utilisation  average  144/255 with low  tx average  24/255my policy map sets a bandwidth figure of 800 for my default class poli...

svbyrne by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I was wondering if I need to add a static routes or ospf In order for my two routers in gre tunnel to communicate?I ask cause once I configured my tunnel, I seethe protocol for my tunnel is down and I have no route In my "sh ip route for destin...

Starting with version 15.0(2)SG, the 4500 catalyst is able to do private vlans over etherchannel.  The configuration guide for that gives an example of how to configure the etherchannel interface, but has no reference to how to configure the individu...

jkeeffe by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Quick question and really maybe silly, but it's bugging me terribly.When I SSH into my C3750-48PS switch, I get the weird "line 1" error immediately after connecting.        [kcox@gimli ~]$ ssh kcox@10.xx.xx.xxPassword:   HAUPPAUGE-SW-1 line 1   HAUP...

kerryjcox by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I apologize in advance for what probably is very basic questions. I am new to Cisco and the network side of thingsI have a 2950 24 port switch and I wanted to practice updating it's IOS using my TFTP server. It has no config on it currently, I ...

dcanady55 by Level 1
  • 21 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All, I've configured a Cisco Catalyst 3550 L3 Switch with the below configs. We have a router that is setup by our ISP with is 192.168.1.1 and the L3 switch is set to 192.168.1.2 /24. When I put users in vlans, they will have access with no iss...

I'm trying to RD some static routes from my Core L3 switch to a router on the same Ethernet Segment. Diagram attached. They have formed an adjacency no problem.On my core I basically don't want it learning anything, only want it to RD its statics. I ...

GRANT3779 by Spotlight
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi to all,I've enable ip device tracking on some ports with these commandsSwitch(config)# ip device trackingSwitch(config)# interface fastEthernet 4/3 or Gigabitethernet 1/0/48  eccSwitch(config-if)# switchport mode access Switch(config-if)# switchpo...

I was trying to configure an old cisco WS-C3548-XL switch but after connecting to console I am not getting any output on the console window. I tried restarting the switch a few time but nothin gon the screen. 1-2 times it showed a line of garbled tex...