Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Gents,I recently found out that obe of the stack port on my 3750x is faulty thus failig the ring status of my 2x3750x. With the troubkeshooting that i did, i finaly concluded that the problem is on the port of the master switch. See status below.S...

escobilloe by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two Cat 6513s in a VSS configuration running Supervisor 2TsI also have a Cisco Emergency Responder srver that is trying to query the switches in order to get port information for phones/zones, etc.The CER server keeps getting timeouts and cann...

I am trying to set up a trunk between a 3925 ISR and a 16-port ESM in one of its slots, basically a 16-port 3560 switch. As far as I understand it there are two internal gig port connections between the two devices. On the router they are G1/0 and G1...

jaysoo by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible on the 4500-X to set the MTU to jumbo frames on a single VLAN for a trunk port where the other vlans are set to the default MTU?  I am trying to determine if I can trunk my iSCSI traffic with my data traffic since the 10ge port has mor...

dkarabinis by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm looking to expand our management addressing and possibly move the MGMT0 connection that is connected to two Nexus 5548 switches.  The management is handled by the Management VRF.  The Keep-Alives will fail, but the Peer-Links will remain up and o...

Hello,Should I be trusting ARP on trunk ports?  I have a couple of switches that are trunked and one of the switches it providing DHCP to hosts on both switches, I have IP DHCP snooping already running on both, but isn't trusting ARP on the trunk bas...

hello , I was trying to add vlan to existing trunk port on nexus 7K with 5.0(2a) image . On perticular VDC . current configration is interface Ethernet8/21  switchport  switchport mode trunk  switchport trunk allowed vlan 1111,1128  channel-group 6 m...

Hi all, I want to understand how cisco places its firewall in datacenter. I mean, lets consider a scenario where there is 1 6509E switch with SUP 720 providing 720Gpbs backplane. They have around 50 servers connected over 1G (few of them using port c...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 2960s stack. I trying to trunk a port with an Avaya POE switch. Port is trunked on the Cisco side correctly (I believe). When you configure tag all on the Avaya side, I lose all communication with that switch. Only 2 VLANs on both swit...

Hi All,I've just got myself a placement gap year with a networking company and have decided to get my CCNA along the way (all paid for =] )I have just bought some 2950 switches and I am currently going through and learning from different places all o...

Hi,I have got an cisco router with 3 interface. Interface FA 0/0 is an outside interface and interface fa0/1 and fa0/2 are inside interface.Int Fa0/0Desc Connected to Outside, the inside internet traffic passes through this routerip address 192.168.2...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card