Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

On my SG200-26 switch (firmware version 1.4.2.4), I have changed the default VLAN from 1 to 20. I have removed every trace I can find of VLAN 1 in the switch's configuration, yet when I try to delete VLAN 1, I get this error: "VLAN 1: VLAN can not be...

dtheese by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have six stacked 9200 with an error message,The version is 16.12.4,PowerOn uptime is 35 weeks, 1 day, 8 hours, 47 minutes log:Jul 26 2021 12:22:08.348 TPE: %IOSXE_INFRA-6-PROCPATH_CLIENT_HOG: IOS shim client 'chasfs' has taken 272 msec (runtime: 27...

I have two switches connected to each other and "ip igmp snooping querier" in both their configurations. One switch runs IOS 15 and the other runs IOS 12. That is the only multicast related configuration in the switches.I have a multicast source conn...

emuman100 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I want to buy 4 9300 switchs. I don't know which reference to take.I need 4 switch ( stacks) :2 x 24 copper ports switch (C9300-24T)AND I need 2 x 24-port switch, fiber ports, which is both compatible with 1g or 10G SFP modules, with a modular ...

abtt-39 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi folksDoes someone know how ospf handles the data base with multiple vrf-lite ranges like below?Is it possible to place both as area 0?What's happen if it's required to maintain two area zero?Currently is only low number of router and subnets in ea...

agugger by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to convert Access Ports into Trunk Ports on C3850X 10G MM SFP but neither I cant change them nor I can assign a Native VLAN.The links are not physically up which means the other side is not connected yet does that make any difference ?Con...

I have a stack switches with v-mismatch on H/W version (V01 and V05). All switches are in install modeHow compatible are then with each other?switch#sh platformRole Mac     Address Priority Version  State----------------------------------------------...

alex2014a by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys and Girls, I am sitting here in the early hours of the night in Ireland trying to figure out if it possible to complete my simulator network. this is the low down1 network lots of clients; but all in different VLANs. I have clients in VLAN 12...

Hello,We have C3850 24ports and we are adding vlans on the 10G trunk port. The command use were:(config-if)#switchport trunk allowed vlan add 429(config-if)#switchport trunk allowed vlan add 430(config-if)#switchport trunk allowed vlan add 431(config...

RRPedrigal_0-1669006018113.png RRPedrigal_1-1669006158549.png

When doing an "sh ip int brief", it shows the interface "Method". Is there a way to change this, from "manual" to "NVRAM". I understand that this gets reset to "NVRAM" after a reload...but I dont want to reload a 6513. Problem is, the interface has t...

visco..... by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes