Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi experts,I have a strange issue where all my live network switches suddently activated all the vtp to 'autotest' domain when i plug in another hp switch which has native vlan only. which cause my network down. I manage to reconfigure the vlan on al...

I do understand that we can use ACLs to deny / permit telnet / ssh traffic by configuring extended ACLs with port numbers.What i'm trying to know is when we configure transport input ssh on vty lines, it allows only ssh, but not telnet.Take a scenari...

Hello everyone,I have a customer that is planning to have fibber from the aggregation layer to the access. He will be running 2 fibbers from 2 different TRs to the access switch.I haven't been able to find a cost effective 24 1Gb port switch with + 2...

Why does mine show this and NOT all 4 ports and 1 wan port?Manases#sh verCisco Internetwork Operating System SoftwareIOS (tm) C831 Software (C831-K9O3SY6-M), Version 12.3(2)XA7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsuppor...

HelloI have an existing network device (extreme , foundry switches ) and i will replace these switches wit Cisco switches . I have already finished configuration of my configuration offline , but when i run my demo  i found problems like not (interne...

slaam2013 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was just checking the specification of ZyWall USG 300 and was comparing it with Cisco 1941.1941 is just a router on the other hand 300 has too many features and it indeed works as a router.So I was wondering why one would buy 1941 when ZyWall(or an...

Hi l have two network the head office (site A : 192.168.1.0 ) and a small branch with 10 hosts (site B : 192.168.1.0).i need to grant access to site A ressources, so we decide to buy a CISCO 881 for this remote office.As you can see below  the Wan in...

Resolved! Router suggestion

HiI am looking for a router for providing internet access through leased line (16 MBPS) to around 500 people (300 concurrent).Should support VPN and must have appropriate EOL and EOS.Please advise.

I have read a few documents that say it is possible to set up FEX's with redundant links to two different Nexus 5000 and put them in a vPC.  Is this true?  if it is possible which of the Nexus switches would the configuration be made on?Is this possi...

We have two new 6513s with two Supervisor 2T modules each. I set them up for quad sup vss sso, and connected the 10Gbs interfaces in a "X" patternswitch 1 t7/4 --->switch 2 t7/4swtich 1 t7/5 --->switch 2 t8/4switch 1 t8/4 --->switch 2 t7/5switch 1 8/...

I have a 3560 connected to an edge device and I keep etting this error.  I have turned off proxy arp and turned off ip cef under the interface, however I lot connectivity to the internet when I did that.  I can't seem to find any documentation on thi...

Hello All,Currently our company is implementing new security appliances.Our WAN facing firewall is a Ciscoasa 5510.  I would like to implement a cisco switch (catalyst 3560g) with ip routing turned on and break the network into vlan's, and one of our...

HiA nice MST (multiple Spanning Tree) question for you all. I have a core switch, configured as follows:Region 0  - no vlans - priority 81992 - Root for CISTRegion 1 - all vlans - priority 8193 - Root for MST1As part of a business migration from this...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card