Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi I have a cisco 2620xm and have added a adsl-wic1 nw-2w and want to use it as a home modem router.I have got as far as I have setup ATM0/0 and all is good as i can ping outside of my home network.I have also setup dhcp and it works fine and i can p...

tony by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have an 1841 router and its 2 slots are empty. I also have 2 Cisco APs (1142s) which I am planning to have them get their power from some PoE device.If I purchase this Cisco HWIC-4ESW-POE card, will this be enough to power up to 4 PoE devices li...

I have two Cisco Small Business SF 100D-16 switches, one was a spare. I have run out of ports on the first one and would like to run the other one in series to new devices across the office. I'd prefer not to buy a bigger switch at the moment, but ca...

Dmlewins1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have NAT NVI configured on a Cisco 1841 with 2 VLAN's configured for our local VLAN running the latest 15.1.4M6 Advanced Security.My problem is the one VLAN is acting as a DMZ with a server located in the VLAN.  However when you attempt to hit the ...

Hi experts,How do I tell if a traffic class (with specific cos value)  is using tail drop or WRED? When the queue reaches the random-detect-max-thresholds, will the traffic being tail dropped? Or will it still be randomly dropped until hit tail drop ...

Hi Guys,To help clarify, I have attached a visual document of what I am trying to accomplish:Problem: 100 MEG MPLS is getting saturated by internet traffic request and server files request. Site B suffers packet loss for phones. Student VLAN uses all...

Hi thereI'm currently having a problem getting the ports on a 3560CPD (ports 1-8) to power on and establish connectivity. I have them hookedup and TURNED on by a 3560 PoE 8 port switch via the uplink ports. I can console into the CPD switch just fine...

folksi have 3560e which doesn't appear to be passing igmp traffic to the upstream routerPC1 ----------- ASA ------------ PC2--------- 3560e ----------- 3825 -------------------- WAN --------------------- Router ------------- ServerMy ASA runs SMR, ha...

Greetings,Just starting to learn cisco switches and routers.I just configured syslog and all looks good except I get an error on my 2 3130s whenever I log in,Error is: %AAA-3-BADSERVERTYPEERROR: Cannot process authentication server type tacacs+ (UNKN...

smithmic2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes