Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm trying to search for cause of CPU load on our Cat6500 (VSS) switch. I've discovered strange SNMP communication from 127.0.0.11 (ASA-SM is in slot1, switch 1) to 127.0.0.51 (Sup720 is in slot 5)This communication occurs each minute and lasts cca 7...

p.hruby by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.I'm trying to create trunkports on our Catalyst 2960.I'm following this guide to configure interface fa0/1 Command Purpose Step 1  configure terminal Enter global configuration mode. Step 2  interface interface-id Specify the port to be co...

Hi, I am having an issue two diff switches both running on 3 diff vlans and both are connected together. e.g vlan 10, 20 and 30this 3 vlans are configured on the two switches that are connected to each other and could ping each vlans having configure...

Dear Gurus,We are looking forward to do CVO implementation with a worldwide organization which has 120 locations across the globe.Each site has maximum 20 users. Some of the sites have Voice and Video facilities. Many sites have around 5 users.We hav...

Hi everyone, I have an issue that I need to confirm how to resolve. I have an alcatel 6850 switch connected to a 3750. Two connections (cables) are used between the switches. The two connections from the alcatel are in different vlan...

Hi all,          I have the following requirement:          My office PC IP address is in the range of 192.168.4.5 to 192.168.4.30. We have a server of IP address 10.10.10.5. All subnet is 255.255.255.0.          I connect this server to g0/1 of the ...

Hello, we are trying to use the SD Card Slot on an Cisco ME3600X (ME-3600X-24FS-M) IOS Version 15.2(4)S2.If i try to copy a file from the sd card slot to the flash there is no Option like "slot0:" or something alseand no syslog message appers while a...

Nils 86 by Beginner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have to add a 2960s PoE switch to an existing stack of two 2960s PoE switches. If The new switch has no configuration on it and the existing stack is broken by pulling te stack cables and then new cables are added and everything re-cabled correct...

Mike Mott by Beginner
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I need to choose router for my network.I don't have any special need, besides Internet connection and DHCP for some guest clients.There are around 30 IP phones (static IP), 30 PCs (static IP), and 10 wireless APs (users get dynamic IP).Maximum loa...

Resolved! 871 Set up fails

I dont understadn how this works but basically I have enabled dhcp or so I thought bu clients dont get a lease.  The vlan does but clients connecting to the switchports attached to the vlan do not get a lease and cant connect to anything.  If I stati...