Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have gotten our first Nexus 7000's in and we are getting ready to try and configure this thing.  I power up the 7000 and all modules show ok . When I try to do a show int status  I see no ports other than the mgt0 interface .  Any ideas on why ...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 23 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Team,We are facing issues with OTV deployment, we have 2 N7K's in DC and 1 N7K at other site, adjecency between all 3 N7K's are formed.The DC N7K's are configured in same site where as remote location N7K are configured in another site, We are als...

Hi all, I have a stack of 4 3750 Switches.1. WS-C3750G-12S2. WS-C3750G-12S3. WS-C3750X-48P4. WS-C3750X-48PThe stack cable connected to Switch 1 Port 1 and Switch 4 Port 2 will not come back online. The logs show that there was a Stack line change.Her...

Rob R. by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiThis is my customer's N7K.sw7010a2# sh module Mod  Ports  Module-Type                         Model              Status---  -----  ----------------------------------- ------------------ ----------1    32     1/10 Gbps Ethernet Module           N7K-...

mike kao by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,we are creating a remote site with several VLANs. We want to create a Management VLAN for the new site and only want management through that Management interface but, we want to get away from creating an access-list blocking SSH, Telnet to the oth...

Hi allI have installed a cisco 2911 router and the cisco usb console drivers on my pc, win 7 64 bit.however when I use putty and open the com port assigned it just goes blank, I am using the usb port on my laptop to connect and using the cisco usb co...

Hi,We replaced a 3560 with a new 2960S and I'm only able to configure a single ip sla where before we had three ip sla entries on the 3560. Obviously, one is a L2 switch and the other a L3 switch. This is an expected difference between switches, corr...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good morning,I'd like to limit the packets per second on some Nexus interfaces, but I don't understand how to accomplish this task. On Catalyst switches I used the command:storm-control unicast level pps xxxbut the Nexus command seems to work on band...

psmidcnss by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We use a 4510 for user access in our facility.  One of the users has a unmanaged netgear switch plugged into it.  Whenever he plugs a laptop into his netgear switch, then gives the device back to the user and he plugs it back into his port (also on t...

brotherad by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have 2 nexus 7K have vpc.. a swtich has connections to nexus 7Ks.  and a router connected to swtich. I have atatched the diagram. I want to establish neighbourhood with router and N7K-1   ///  router and N7K-2.  I know cisco does not reccomend r...

There are two kinds of time for assinging IPv6 address from DHCP server.Actaully Catalyst 3750X can do this role. however I am not sure about the difference between Valid lifetime and preferred lifetime.In my understanding the valide lifeti...

mhiyoshi by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi i am having cisco 881 router i want to know whether i can configure dialer interface with username and password for my dsl internet connection can any one make this clear please

Hello,I am really just starting out and have a few questions. I bought some used equipment 2801, 3550, an Air 1131AG. I would really like to set all of this up and actually use it in my home. How difficult will it be to use this equipment at home on ...