Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi everybodySuppose our router is connected to fastethernet 100Mbs. If our wants to transmit a 1518 byte frame, it will take = 100 X 10Exp 6/ 1518x8   in secSuppose we change the bandwidth by using bandwidth command to 10Mbs. Will our router tak...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a PS3 connected to a Gig port on my 3560. When I boot-up the PS3 I have to wait around 30 seconds for it to get DHCP.I noticed the orange LED would stay on and go green after 30 seconds. I assumed I would have an error-state but I do not...

dcuddefo by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 7 ESXi 5.1 hosts in a cluster connected to our 7010 running 6.01 code.  The ESXi servers use 10Gb Emulex CNAs.  When LLDP is recieving/transmitting on the interfaces, the interfaces go into an err disabled state after 50 minutes.  We've had t...

Hello All:I need to support multicast over a network that has certain locations were multicast isn't supported. I've narrowed it down to 2 options, DMVP or Multicast over a GRE Tunnel.I have never implemented this type of scenario before, so please b...

I created new VDCs.  Since I have done so, there is not switchport command under the interface configuration.The interesting this is that it is available on the admin VDC, but not the new VDC I created.  I cannot create a peer VPC Peer link between m...

nsmith5 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I currently have Nexus 5596 pair with VPC peer link Po1 between them.  My goal is to connect our new Nexus 7Ks to the 5K's using Fabric Path.  My question is during this inital setup with the 7K's.  Can I use the same port channel number on the 7K's ...

nsmith5 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Experts,There are some questions which is related to Cisco networking:1. I wants to know which one is best for network to be used as DHCP Separate,    Windows server or L3 switch (ip pool) ? Plz expalin with reason2. Everyone knows that switch ...

Hi everybody.I was reading about the override prune message or joint message.Please consider the following example:           R1 f0-------------Sw------------------R2---H2 ( 224.7.7.7)                           |                           |          ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Guys,I've got a 3750x stack set up as my core switch (only a small-ish environment) - I'm shortly going to be deploying an enterprise wireless network with Corporate and Guest SSID's. I'm going to be putting all traffic from the Guest SSID in VLAN 24...

my settings:Switch layer 3 SF300-24 set in layer 3 mode. i setup 3 vlans, in addition to the default vlan1. all routing work fine between the different vlans. My problem is that in traceroute (say if i traceroute from a pc connected to a vlan), the v...

fzaynoun by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes