Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi guys,Here's my setup:- Cisco 1841 connected to the internet on fa0/1- LAN connected to fa0/0/1 (switch port, connected to Vlan1)On my LAN I have a webserver that houses different websites.Those websites have DNS records that point to my public IP ...

chris by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Team,Iam having problem with trunk link bw rourt and switch, am getting this messages on router.Jan 11 11:34:48.765 MST: %DTP-5-TRUNKPORTON: Port Fa2 has become dot1q trunkJan 11 11:34:48.893 MST: %DTP-5-NONTRUNKPORTON: Port Fa2 has become non-tru...

We have a 3750 stack as our collapsed core. Everything plugged in is either a physical server, ESX host, Catalyst 2960, SAN, or backup device. When moving large files around things seem slow, we're getting about 50MB/s at most out of any of the ports...

We've recently inherited a platform with little handover and also minimal networking experience.We're going 100 miles an hour in learning, but I'm a bit confused with the idea of a L2 switch with no IP assignments to ports, so using VLANs, and a L3 s...

Hi everybody,I upgraded the IOS on 6506E, SUP 720-10GE, non-redundant, to a new one, rebooted OK. Switch seems to work fine but "show bootvar" shows the previous IOS name instead of the new one: s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXJ3.bin  Remo...

viett by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

my switch of  5 stack  has start behaving like this?what is a problem?Switch#  Port 1     Port 2           Port 1   Port 2--------------------------------------------------------  1        Ok         Ok              None     None  2        Ok        ...

Hello,I received a new Cisco 4900m switch a few days ago and I conducted the initial configuration.  I connected the management port to a switch and I can telnet into the switch to perform management operations.  I have tried for the past few days to...

Resolved! trust dscp on 2950

Hi,i have Catalyst2950SI with iOS12.1, connect a wifi-access-point  to f1/1(dot1q trunk port),and connect another L2SW to f1/2(dot1q trunk port),and IP phone, MobileCamera connects to wifi-access-point,IP phone has dscp=40 value on its own packet,but...

Naoki7964 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi ,i want to ask about dynamic arp inspection ,if i configured a port with a trust for dynamic arp inspection .and that port has a router with static ip , i mean no dhcp .do i need to bind the mac & ip of the router interface in the database ??just ...

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Maybe this is not the correct forum to help me about 3com but I need help because I have problems too when I connect 3com and Cisco.I have 2 5500g 3com switches conected with 2 links. If LACP is disable, this causes serious problems and STP no...

I hate asking this question because I can do it across the entire LAN but not on a single switch:I have a 3750 24T switch with the IP Services image.I have 4 subnets I need to setup so all can talk to the other but it just ain't happening.vlan 400  1...

Resolved! Auto Negotiation

Guys,Please can you once and for all clear up a very simple issue.Not convinced about the answers that I am getting; can you guys please provide evidence of your answer....Question; If I connect two switches/switch to a device of any sort (with a nic...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card