Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys,i have a design related question and i hope someone can give me an advice ;-)Let me start with some infrastructure details ...Cisco C2901 as our Main RouterCisco UC520 as Communication Platform Cisco C3560x as Core-SwitchVLAN 10 : DataVLAN 10...

I have a catalyst 2960. Is it possible for me to configure it's port to monitor each other. Like for example, fa0/1 monitoring fa0/2 and then fa0/3 monitoring fa0/4? If not, which kind of switch is capable of doing so?

Hi teamwe are using solarwinds as monitoring toll for all network devices..the solarwinds shows proper memory & cpu utilization for catalyst 3750 switches but shows hogh cpu/memory utilization values for 6509-vss...when we log into vss via cli the ut...

The following error was seen on the switch and the Diagnostic Test Loopback failed following a new WS-6748-SFP module installation.%FABRIC-SW2_SP-6-TIMEOUT_ERR: Fabric in slot 5 detected excessive flow-control on channel 3 (Module 4, fabric connectio...

Resolved! VTP Pruning test

Hi Everyone,I was testing the VTP Pruning on cisco switches.Switch A is VTP server mode and is connected to Switch B  ---B  is client.Switch A is connected to Switch C. ---C is Client mode.I configured layer 3 interface vlan 2 on Switch A.All other s...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have the following simple OSPF network:R1, R2 and R3 are all connected to the switch on interface fa0/0. R1 has ospf priority 5, R3 has ospf priority 3 and R2 has the default of 1.If I connect the routers up in the correct order they become the DR,...

Hi everybody.I am trying to understand " time stamp" in NTP packets. I set up this lab in which R2 is the master and R1 is the client.Then I capture the ntp packets between R1 and R2.R1------199.199.199.199.0------R2R1--199.199.199.1R2--199.199.199.2...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm reading through my OSPF network types... and I am having trouble understand the reasoning beind each of the network types:broadcastnonbroadcastpoint-multipoint point-to-multipoint nonbroadcastMy understanding is that on a multipoint frame relay n...

Hey guys, New to CCNP Switch!I'm just looking into a layer 3 switch config and I have some questions. If I configure a layer 3 switch with say 3 or 4 vlans then then switch will be able to route between the vlans itself right?So if I have this set u...

Hello I`ve been doing some labs using Boson NETSIM.I`m studying for a ccna exam and I have a problem with vlans using several switches.There is a scenario:Router on a stick with one Switch [SW1] + 3 switches connected to that main switch + 3 VLANS.Yo...

I have the following network:All routers are configured in EIGRP AS 1 and the network 172.16.0.0 command (and the network 10.0.0.0 command for R1 and R4). All except for Router 1 have been configured with no auto. Router 1 has been left as the defaul...