Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,could anyone tell me if it is possible to recover a Cat 6500 that has no code on bootflash from ROMMON, and is it mandatory to have a compact flash card to do the recovery ? or can one use xmodem or TFTP ?Thanks

antonios by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I am having problems with and etherchannel between 2 stacks of Catalyst 3750X. It was working for several weeks but now, one interface is down.I have 2 3750X in stack at site A, and 2 3750X in stack at site B. They are connected through fibe...

cisco_tno by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,        I am trying to find out how does TACACS+ work? I know that one can configure multiple TACACS+ servers. However, whenever I enter a command into the switch is the switch sending each command line to the TACACS+ server for "Authorization"?Th...

V120311 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone,I've a big problem with a loss of packets ICMP sent by differents hosts in differents VLAN. Here my architecture: Core Switch : 2 Switch's C6509 (Version 15.0 (1) SY1)- Mode VSS - One lien VSL , the other link is defecti...

czanabria by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 3 sg300-52 cisco smb switches and I am not able to get radius working for authentication. These are the information I have:#show versionSW version    1.2.7.76 ( date  19-Jul-2012 time  17:54:43 )Boot version    1.1.0.6 ( date  11-May-2011 time...

Hey there,I have an Cisco 3550 48 SMI running IOS (tm) C3550 Software (C3550-I9Q3L2-M), Version 12.1(13)EA1a. Software advisor says that I can only update to Version 12.1(22). The software download area tells me that the latest version is 12.2(44).Do...

Hi All,I want to track a route  whether it is reachable by specific IP or not, is it possible?----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------track 1 ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.3.12.26 reachbiltyR1...

Hi,is it possible to run a Catalyst 4500 as pure Layer 2 Switch, i.e. disabling "ip routing", but still managing the switch via Fa1, i.e. the defautl mgmtVrf vrf ?I tried the following:!no ip routing!interface FastEthernet1 ip vrf forwarding mgmtVrf ...

Hi all,I have a subinterface configured for a secured VLAN. To secure the VLAN I implemented ACLs in both directions. To allow return traffic from TCP sessions I ended both ACLs with 'permit tcp any any established'.However, by having tcp established...

An interface on 2921 router is not coming up. When I shut/no shut the interface, I see this:Router#sh log | i 0/2Oct 17 08:55:06: %IP_VFR-7-FEATURE_DISABLE_IN: VFR(in) is manually disabled through CLI; VFR support for features that have internally en...

Needing to upgrade IOS on 2800 router from c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.123-14.T7.bin toc2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T13.bin.  I noticed ther are several other files on the old code that may needed for booting up router but Im running lo...

IVAN HARO by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I got a Cisco 2960-S LAN (support PoE+) switch installed in one of my customers' office. The customer needs to plug some cameras to the switch and need inline power from the swtich. Two of the cameras requires 24W power in order to work correc...

huangyu731 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I feel goofy for asking this question, but...  there's only one version of the WS-C3560-8PC-S (and all other fixed-config Catalyst switches) no matter what region of the world they're deployed in, right?  The only difference region to region is the C...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card