Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi.I'm doing a practice lab for spanning-tree but I'm confused about the output of the sh spanning-tree command.I've attached an Image.  I don't understand how the cost to root Is 4 for both vlans when the route to the vlan 12 root switch crosses 2 s...

Reprovoid by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I have cisco 4510R-E core switch in that i have WS-X4306-GB module now i have to connect S.M fiber through coreswitch to my another location (1KM) having HP X120 1G SFP LC LX Transceiver (JD119B.).Now please suggest me which module i have to...

So I am trying to get traffic from 192.168.1.33 on UDP ports 10000-20000 and port 5222 (udp) to have DSCP set to EF and  Forwarded accordingly.   Any thoughts?            Building configuration...Current configuration : 32481 bytes!! Last configurati...

HiI am facing issue with http login after IOS upgarde on 3750 switches. I upgrade IOS from c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin to c3750-ipbase-mz.122-53.SE2.bin Kindly let me know is there any other commmand i have to run.Regards Sunil

Basically, will adding a new area (in this case, NSSA totally stub) cause a reconvergance in Area 0? I don't believe so but was asked to check by adding a new discussion. More details:1) The links to the new area will be defined as Pt-to-Pt2) The stu...

shartley by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a lot of VLAN's on the network and require the same set of ACL's for each VLAN with only a minor addition. Therefore, is there a way to create a default ACL and combine it with another ACL then add to the the interface. This will save a lot...

Hello, I have attached an image of a network I am working on.My question is regarding adminstration ip address for each of my three switches.I have assigned each switch an IP in VLAN1 using the same subnet block for the purpose of adminstration.My ma...

fran19422 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,On 7606 with RSP720, I've configured bunch of eompls circuits. This is a multivendor equipment lab but There is also one circuit towards another 7600 box. 7601 and 7602 is directly connected.  7601 ( Lo 2.2.2.2) . 7602 (Lo:17.17.17.2)  Both ar...

Is it possible to provide local DHCP addresses and update DNS settings with in the same router? If so, how would it be configured? I can successfully distribute DHCP addresses and provide DNS resolution utilizing an external DNS server but would li...

fultont by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have recently leased an internet connection in our office which comes from the service provider as radio link and BW is 2M. I have clients more than 60 that will share the connection and access internet. I have configured a Cisco 2600 router as be...

Hello.In a MSTP region, only IST (instance 0) sends BPDU. These BPDUs carry all information of other instances. (right?)However, if a port is blocked in IST but is designated in another instance, doesn't it send BPDU any more?Take an example here, th...

taolei.cn by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi team,We have 2 3945/15.0(1)M7 connected via gig interface to upstream routers (4 routers running MPLS BGP in core, dedicated for IP SLA probes) and we can ping physical interface IP just fine no delay but when ping loopback interface ping response...

Hi,I have Cisco 2960 switches deployed in my environment along with radius server authentication. Now i need to assign some roles to particular users (shutdown port, description) so what i need to do for this task so not all users have same privilege...

Hello,For a simple etherchannel to work between 2 switches I have configured ports 1 and 2 on both cisco 2960 switches with the channel-group option like this:interface FastEthernet0/1channel-group 1 mode on!interface FastEthernet0/2channel-group 1 m...