Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am building a new apartment. All interior walls are made of either brick or Cement. I have worked with the electrician to have lan jacks placed in all rooms and will have the central switch in a closet where the cable modem will be as well. The hou...

krazykow1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI am having a strange problem on my network, where traffic that is incoming from my internet uplink behaves as if it is being shaped.  After it hits about 60Mbps, it drops right down - sometimes to as low as 300k, although usually somewhere in the ...

Hi,i have 2 cisco 7604 distrubution routers .Both routers are running 310 hsrp groups.Sundenly there is hsrp flapping which causes high CPU.What is the limitation of HSRP group on cisco 7604 router .Below is the show ver from the router--------------...

Hi,i have several cisco 3500XL switches with trunking. I created a VLAN lets say 20 which purpose is for wireless clients. I installed wireless controller with 4 APs and controllers sees all 4 APs. Controller is also DCHP server. When wireless client...

Damir Reic by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,question, i have setup 3 vlans on my network..servers are configured on vlan 1...routers are also configured on vlan 1..problem is i cant ping vlan 1 using vlan 2 or 3 source.. but I can ping directly on vlan 1..any idea..

humberjet by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! STP Basics

Well, basically, as I understand that, STP finds shortest paths from each switch to the root switch using port weights and makes ports along each path - forwarding and all others - blocking. Now I'm trying to understand what was the point of introduc...

Hi,I have upgraded from s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH3a.bin to s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI7.bin.the problem is:1) when i do sh bootvar after reload then i se, BOOT variable = sup-bootdisk:sup-bootdisk:s72033-adventerprisek9_wa...

Resolved! xenpak and x2

Hi,I need to connect a 6500 switch with a 4948 switch using 10G optics. On 6500, line card used is WS-X6704-10GE and I am aware that WS-X6704-10GE is a xenpak and 4948 ports are X2. What is the way to make the connection between xenpak and X2 work?Th...

All uplinks are forwarding because of vPC. Would one consider this architecture to offer "full bi-sectional bandwidth"? It seems that that term is interpreted in different ways. To me, it does because STP is not blocking any uplinks. So, if I were to...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey Guys, I have been asked to troubleshoot an issue where information that is being copy and pasted to a new switch is getting garbled. This only happens if a lot of information is sent to the switch at once and it might only happen on a line or two...