Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Wanted to discuss the option of port security on Layer 2 switches that will enable me to prevent outside device from connecting to an internal network.  Based upon some documentation switchport port-security options are available on the existing 12.2...

lewwalker by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone,I have a network with spanning-tree mode mst, but, we want change this for spanning-tree mode rstp.I have two cores(6500) and need know what is the better mode for change this with no impact in my network?We dont have distributin layer...

The company I work for owns a remote manufacturing facility that houses a stack of five 3750 switches that function as the core switching system for the plant.  DHCP services are configured on the 3750 stack.There are currently three VLANs configured...

Hello,I have a 2 X 4510E switch with dual sup-7E running as the core switches of my company. we would like to enable BGP on these switches, according to cisco released datasheet IPBase license does NOT support BGP. When i typed question mark, BGP com...

Turbo727 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Let's say I have Gi0/0 - 172.16.0.0/27 and Gi0/2 - 172.16.2.0/23.I need to access everything from first network to second but nothing from 172.16.2.0/23 to 172.16.0.0/27.I'm very beginner, I can't figure the ACL..Thanks !

Is there any standard or convention for when a device reports a queue drop or an error also as a discard?I have seen cases where the count of output queue drops reported on an interface matches the number recorded in output discards. However, when I ...

Hi Dears.I configurated dual ISP at router. as you see my configuration i have two subnet: 192.168.20.0 and 192.168.10.0i do that subnet at dynamic NAT.and they are backup at each other. all of them are perfect working. dynamci nat working perfectly....

Hi everyone,I read that Jumbo frames, when enabled on Gig ingress interfaces on a switch, will be dropped if the egress interface is 10/100. Does this hold true if the actual egress interface on the switch is a gig interface however the port on the o...

Ricky S by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,  Currently I am using 1000W power supply in Cisco 4500 and I want to upgrade to 2800W power supply.My question is1) Whether I have to change the power cord while upgrading power supply2)Whether power cord comes along with the Power Supply whi...

Hi,As per the discussion topic, I need to enable vPC "peer-switch" command on a pair of Nexus 7018s which are currently vPC peers (primary and secondary). The STP root and Secondary root are currently configured  across these switches.Can I enable th...

cbeswick by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I had a strange problem here after upgrading Cisco 3750X.The upgrading was going smoothly, I copied a newer IOS to the flash from another Cisco 3750X through TFTP, changed the boot image.It took a while do to the microcode upgrading, finally, ...

Finished my CCNA and now I am working on my NP Switch. What devices do I need in order to practice. I was thinking 3550 or 3560.....however I heard they dont support private VLANs. What is the next one up? From my search I think 3750 would do it?

Hi All, This is my first post on here, so excuse me if it is in the wrong area.Basically I run 3 voice gateways on 2821 routers. In two of my routers I've had fan failures, one router has had two fans die and one has had just the one.I was going to b...