Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Understanding ARP

Hi,I Have a query. The issue is that I am trying to understand how ARP works. For this I took packet captures. in the capture files I found that the ARP request is broadcast, however the reply from the peer is always a unicast.Can anybody help me und...

This is a silly question and I don't have a switch to test it with buttechnically is there any reason why you can't use an uplink port of a switch to connect to a server/pc (10g (sfp+,x2) or 1 gig (sfp, x2,copper)).Can it be done on the interfaces of...

feisalb by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3750X 24 port switch (with NM-1G network module) running IOS 15.0(1). Is there any benefit or reason to plug in the included StackWise cable and loop it back to itself in a single switch installation?I don't see any recommendation in the doc...

Hello,I'm using Radius (via Windows 2008 NPS) and trying to authenticate a users with privilege 15 which is working and a custom privilege which I need to assign a custom CLI view to as these custom users only needs to be able to:Show runSh ip int br...

Hi,I have two Cisco C2960 switches attached to each other using two ports configured as a port-channel. These are connected to two ASA5505's set up as active/standby. There are redundant connections between both switches and the firewalls. The firewa...

chris by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have  two 3945 CUBE routers. One is primary and another one is for failover. We have two interfaces with a BVI interface connected going to two Switches(1 primary switch and another for failover). Now we have these two interfaces on the switch wit...

Hi All,We have a setup like this          3750 static -  COre switch            /     \           /       \   5548 Nexus -      5548 Nexus    - Access switchesNow 3750 is core switch and it is VTP server now ,all L3 and L2 vlans are created on the sw...

s.kanth by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes