Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,We have two 6500 in a VSS-deployment in the core. To that cluster we connect 4 Nexus 7018, which have uplinks to both 6500 in a port-channel. We run the port-channel as a routed port and use subinterfaces for each vrf. The problem is when we turn ...

trondaker by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,We have ACL towards inbound interface. it has primary and secondary IP scope(ex 192.*.*.*/24 primary and 10.*.*.*/24 secondary) . Is it really required to have permit statements to allow primary scope IP to secondary scope vice versa. If yes, ...

s.kanth by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ARP Question

Hi,I have attached a file regarding ARP. Now what i think is that the answer would be "d". but it says answer is "c". so help me out here guys and do give reason for your statement.Regards,

Hiya peopleI have just installed a Linksys SLM2024 switch in my house and it - along with my Netgear CVG 824g router - delivers internet access to around 20 devices requiring IP's. My problem is: The Netgear router can only assign IP adresses in the ...

theisbc by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm fairly new to cisco and the  ASA 5505 I have the asa connected to the internet on 0/0 I have a computer connected to port 1 and on port 2 I have a netgear router. the asa is 192.168.1.1 and the netgear router is 10.1.5.1  I cannot get the compute...

I upgraded a Catalyst 2950 switch and there wasn't enough room so I deleted the flash. The upgraded went well using tftp. It booted up fine. The  I0S version includes crypto. But, I can't access switch via web browser or CNA. Port scan shows port 80 ...

Hello!I have Cisco 871 acting as a VPN server behind another router in the same LAN. The problem is that I can't connect to the VPN from outside network using the public IP but I CAN connect to the VPN from inside the LAN using the internal IP. I've ...

I understand that VSS works with Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches. I know that the VSL or Virtual Switch Link between thetwo switches allow for the switches to communicate control plane and data. From what I have read, you can have a maximumof 8 1...

I have a cisco 1841 and I am hooking up some cameras onto my network. My global IP is 64.190.170.2 and my internal IP which is going to my cameras DVR is 192.168.1.15. I need to be able to forward port 8080 from my global IP to my local IP so i can v...

explanation concerning managed switches : If my network consists  of several managed switches (CISCO and other vendors) does the SNMP  software of CISCO monitor all these switches if they support SNMP?.