Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have 2 NX4001. Each one has an uplink to a 5K. There is no VPC between the 4K and the 5K. The 5K are  VPC enabled.There is a large number on input discards on the 4001 interfaces connected to the 5K and is incrementing.I have a server with smartfai...

I have a Nexus 7000 plus 6 boxes NX2000 on backbone.I have configured on 7000 :conf t system jumbomtu 9000 exitERROR: Ethernet111/1/1: requested config change not allowed ... ERROR: Ethernet122/1/48: requested config change not allowed 1/111/14 is ...

I am a novice with networking; so, if I write something noobish, please forgive and explain. I am using a Cisco 2821 router.My provider changed my IP address today from:218.x.x.x /24  with a gateway of 218.x.x.1 /24to219.x.x.x /25  with a gateway of ...

Dear community,after 4 days incl. nightshift and went deep into the heart of the matter this support community seems to be my last resort to findsome relief from - meanwhile - desperation.Scenario:------------------For one of my clients, a landlord, ...

Hi Can anyone advise me if in a stack of 3750's, if the master was to fail and another switch in the stack had to take over as Master. Is the transition "totally" seemless with no break in service at all (other than anything connected to the failed s...

nmjones by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! acl on vlan

We have two vlans data-one & data-two. the requirement is to not let anything out from these two vlans. to achieve this if i put a acl as:deny any any  and apply the acl on these two vlans in the "in" direction, wil it achieve the aim.Am also concern...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allcan you please suggest me , which series of cisco router should i have to opt for : which should have the basic functionality     1. Natting2. SHould Have good support for VOIP.3. 2-4 outside interface and 2 lan interfaces.Thanks in advance.Reg...

Hi,One of our regional office has grown with more sub sites.All sub sites are connected through microwave to the regional main office.Currently, these sub sites and the regional office is sharing a subnet.We are discussing is it better to VLAN each s...

leepeiwai by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am having some difficulties to have a stable connection on a Cisco 881. I have a IP Sla running with an ICMP-ECHO towards the uplink router. Linked with this is a tracking on the IP SLA so I can shutdown an HRSP instance with the tracking. The d...

bartjan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have router connected to 2  3550 switches  directly.3550A  and B  switches are running HSRP.OSPF is running between Router and 2 switches.From Switch B  i can ping the Router Wan interface but not the internet sites.from Switch A  i can ping...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes