Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hiwe have a cisco catalyst switch c3750 with 4 SFP ports. now we have opened a new site office which is about 500mts away from the main office so we are using this multi . so we need to connect the new branch to the office through FIBRE optic cabling...

We know that the following command is used for the establishment of the EtherChannel:SW(config)# channel-group 1 mode on/active/passive "silent"Can someone please explain, what is the purpose of "silent" Keyword????Another question is that In LACP, w...

Hi All,I have the following set-up(see attachment). All the ports are in trunk mode and have the same native vlan. But i can't remotely access switch B from my PC.I 've tried to resolve the problem by putting the Fa 0/1 port in the router mode but it...

Bethuelle by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

GreetingsI am trying to do mac filtering on 3750, and here is the config I have...!mac access-list extended ARP_Packetpermit host mac1 any 0x806 0x0permit host mac2 any 0x806 0x0permit host mac3 any 0x806 0x0permit any mac1 0x806 0x0permit any mac2 0...

sansari by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,if the connecting port on 3750 to procurve 2910 belongs vlan 10,  does the connecting port on procurve 2910 has to belong to the same vlan?Would both switches be connected if their connecting ports do not have the same vlan number?Do both connecti...

leepeiwai by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Experts,We had implemented  internet access for the students in college campus. Perhaps, recently we've noted the college staffs bring up their laptops and connect to Wifi and get internet access. Consuming the bandwith for non-business purposes.S...

Hi,I'm trying to configure NTP with DNS resolution on my switchs ( ntp server dns-name ) but apparently the switch do the resolution and fix the IP adress on configuration. When i change the IP address of my ntp server, there's no more synchronizatio...

cbouraoui by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,i have made a vrf on a router, in the vrf i have the layer 3 interface to the pe and a vlan interface for connecting a interface not routed to a switch.The switch is configurerd with vlan interface 1 , 1 layer 2 interface in vlan 1 is connected...

Hi there,I'm having trouble configuring DHCP binding for my LAN.Although the DHCP pool has been working like a charm for several years, I tried to bind a server to an IP this morning, to no avail.At first I thought I had misunderstood the client-iden...

remy by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,We have Cisco 6006 core switch(version 7.6(7)), we forgot enable password. but we have Ciscoworks and now we are manageing through it.1. is there any option to change enabe password through ciscowork (LMS 3.0)?or anyother to change enable pa...

I thought I knew this but now someone asked me aquestion and disagrees with me so now I am wondering if my info is correct...hehe.The question was, "does the MTU packet size include the header and trailer?" I would think no it does not, an that it on...