Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have a Cisco 6500, reshuffled the cards around but now I have slots 5 and 6 as 24-port SFP blades however these slots are physically empty.  I need to do some house cleaning but dont know how to reset or clear what was in slots 5 and 6.  Let me ...

Hi,can some one clear my below doubts,1)what is prefix list and how will it work and its need?2)What is the differnce between access-list and prefixlist?3)what is the advantage of prefixlist over accesslist?4)what is the differece between distributio...

sathyasav by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! ACL and SVI

Hi everyone, There is a schema about what I would like to do : http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=111005120451502784.jpg To resume, I would like to know if it's possible to create one/some ACLs that would allow me to :from B to A, only HTTPS, SSH a...

Hi,It is been a while since I have configured a cisco router.  I recently purchased a Cisco 1921 without any WIC cards.I was wondering what does the following configuration does.line 2 no activation-character no exec transport preferred none transpor...

rdesai by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Switches select

Hi All,Can any one suggest me for the below...I need a cisco switch with 4 10Gig fiber ports for uplink and rest of all can be 1Gig or 10Gig ethernet ports.And I would like to have 2 Cisco 4506-E switches at site core level. I need these switches wit...

jopetik09 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I saw on the C6K5 there is the possibility to define include or exclude filters for the Netflow records which have to be exported.I am looking for a possibility to achive this with ISR routers (newest SW) as well.Background: Customer wants to hav...

Hi,Is it possible to  connect a 6500 switch to an adsl router for internet connectivity. the adsl router will be having dhcp ip.should i configure the 6500 uplink port as L3 or L2 to connect to this router and how will the nat happen for users.thanks...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I recently experince this issue particular on an 6509 with a SUP-720 and WS-X6148-GE-TX on line card 7IssueThe 2 servers connect to this port 7/20 and 3/25, experincing intermittent connectivity. Out of the blue, users from VLAN 3 which is a d...

joello123 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are playing around with the Auto SmartPort feature below is our configuration:macro auto execute CISCO_PHONE_EVENT builtin CISCO_PHONE_AUTO_SMARTPORT ACCESS_VLAN=2 VOICE_VLAN=3 macro auto execute CISCO_SWITCH_EVENT builtin CISCO_SWITCH_AUTO_SMARTP...

dtom by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes