Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Isnt ETS like CQ?In CQ the scheduling was weighted, bandwidth assigned to a particular queue was directly related to the number of packets serviced, and it used a statistical multiplexing model for variations in offered load.....ETS is supposed to do...

lamav by Collaborator
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've got two core switches (Catalyst 4506s) that my network servers are connected to. My host PC is connected to a 3750 switch. I need to set up my network so that my ESX hosts are on a separate network from the rest of my servers. To do this I set u...

snowmizer by Beginner
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI am facing an issue regarding power issoe on PoE ports. I am getting this log %ILPOWER-5-ILPOWER_POWER_DENY: After checking cisco web site regarding same, I observe below output.1. %ILPOWER-5-ILPOWER_POWER_DENY: Interface [chars]:inline power deni...

kumarvin by Beginner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All, I have an IPSEC tunnel between the router (branch office)and the ASA (Data Ccentre). The Router is configured with Dynamic IP address and ASA with static IP address. I understand the Tunnel will only come up if there is a traffic initiated ...

Kit List2* WS-C2960S-24PS-L2* GLC- SX-MM  Fibre Modules1 * 2m Multi-Mode Duplex Fibre Patch Cable,50/125 OM3, LC-LC, Aqua1 * 4m Multi-Mode Duplex Fibre Patch Cable,50/125 OM3, LC-LC, AquaWe have setup a fibre link between two offices under 100M Range...

Hi,  I  would like to know what is the optimal cpu  utilization %  for a router 2800with an IOS :c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-25a.bin.  I am  checking  the statistics of my router and found  that   there are peaks of 70% of utilization in the cpu . Al...

chimalli by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear frnds,i have cisco 861 k9 router . iwant to use mpls between my two offices . Side A is configured by me as below but i am not able to ping 10.1.67.71 which is my wan gateway ip. plz help what is wrong with this?in f 4 is wan port and another 4 ...

How to connect two 2960 switch in different location through FO cable with converter.We used FO converter to rj45 between the switches and connect the rj45 port in each switches but the link fail from time to time and the port disabled.Any solution f...

samref3163 by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi -can someone recommend an appliance that can block access to certain websites and pplications (streaming video and audio, mostly) and track the user who is attempting to access such websites?Ideally, the filtering would occur between L4-L7. Networ...

lamav by Collaborator
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone please clear this QoS concern for me. I'm having ytrouble understanding it 100%SWITCH_1 <--> 6500 <--> SWITCH_2Packet is assigned a DSCP Value of 46 on SWITCH_1The 6500 receives the packet on ingress from SWITCH_1.The port state is set to...

Hi every oneI am a little confused as to how to use  area  using the following command:ospf 1network 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 area 0.0.0.0 i have seen  area  specified y simply number such as 1,  however  i want to leran how  i could specify area using...

sarahr202 by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a BGP network that I am trying to be more efficient with. Just trying to advertise one summary route into the provider cloud. I have an internal routingprotocal of OSPF that I am redistrubuting into BGP via a route map (this is so I can ...