Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi AllSorry not sure if this is in the right placeI have just passed my CCNP route exam and have moved on to switch but can’t decide weather to use boson, purchase kit of eBay or rent rack space onlineWondered what other people have done in the past?...

Greetings,I have a 4506 with a SUP7-E acting as a core in a hub and spoke topology. My customer got the core with only the LANBASE license. He needs to implement basic Mulitcast functionality such as:router eigrp XXnetwork x.x.x.xvlan10ip pim dense-m...

ianwardGD by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello !i have cisco cataylst 2950 and i have problem with my vlans and the trunk.i configured an ip addres on 2 diffrent vlan'.vlan 1,3evreytime i no sh vlan 3 i can ping the address from a diffrent vlan(vlan diffrent from 1 or 3) this is good but ! ...

I am looking for options to upgrade the existing Cisco 4507R switch to a higher end model. The options I have considered is 1) Cisco 4507R+E with Sup 7-E2) Cisco 6509-E with Sup720But in the backplane capacity , the Sup 7-E shows as 848 Gbps and Sup ...

I have configured few switch ports to new vlan which I recently created. Later those ports are automatically changed into default vlan1, still I could see the vlan present in that switch. There was no restarted the switch / no configuration since my ...

Hi All,i am adding the device into ACS, but the tacacs server host xx xx xx key 0 xx xx xx is not getting encrypted and my device is not communicating with tacacs+, Please some on help me.When i do show running, there i can see the key which we have ...

Hi all,I have Cisco 6509 with 5 ether-channel configured on it.On one ether-channel other side are Dell Powerconnect 5448 switch.All is working fine for some month, but today for some reasons this Po was disabled (already 4 times).On Cisco in logs I ...

Hi,I'm in the process of trying to migrate the core of our network from an HP ProCurve 5308 to a Cisco 3750 stack and am having some issues.  The two pieces of equipment are connected with an etherchannel(HP trunk) for redundancy.  They have been con...

jlmickens by Level 1
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! nvram is corrupt

Hello,One of our 6506 was giving below error:Rommon NVRAM area is corrupted. Initialize the area to default valuesCat6k-Sup720/RP platform with  Kbytes of main memoryafter repeated issue of boot statements , the switch came up fully loaded. on the sh...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Router RIP

As we know by default, routers are configured to receive any version of rip (1 or 2) updates.If we manually set the version (version 1 or version 2) via config, this changes to version 1 or 2 respectively.Can anyone tell me how I can get the router t...

Hi all,We are preparing the migration to VSS in Quad-Sup scenario (two supervisor per chasis) and, after reading lots of documentation on the subject;i have the following question: If the ACTIVE Supervisor fails,the HOT STANDBY Supervisor assummes th...

hi,i have configured switch 2960 with gig0/1 trunk port..when i type cmd sh int gig0/1 trunk, it shows me following -sw#sh int gig 0/1 trunkPort        Mode             Encapsulation  Status        Native vlanGi0/1       on               802.1q      ...