Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Setting up tacacs for multiple CatOS 6509 switches, the TACACS server requires the source IP of the switch in order to authenticate properly. I think in general the source IP for a TACACS request would be the management IP set on SC0, right? What abo...

101100101 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi eveyone, I have just tried setting up the Cisco Netowrk Assistant 5.6 on my Win 7 Enterprise 64bit (I know its not supported) and Win XP SP3 (unsure if its supported. The documentation says SP2...but surely thats not right??). I have approx 30 swi...

We purchased several Cisco Unmanaged 102-24 Ethernet Switches.  I was looking at the specs and they have good throughput, up to 48 Gb aggregate.  Does anyone know if these are full crossbar switches?If they are not, does anyone know the first 24 port...

Resolved! Trouble with 2960

Ok, so I got a new 2960 shipped to one of my sites to replace a fried switch.  Once the switch was plugged into the network, I found it's address and opened the http interface.  Once in the switch I selected express setup, set the options and entered...

fdouble08 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am setting up a lab exercise and came across this unusual problem when implementing the lab...The lab is for a simple illustration of STP and its a simple setup with 3 switches: Switch1(3560), Switch2(3550) and Switch3(3560 PoE) connected in a f...

subhish_p by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Scenario:  Our ISP has two Cisco 2811 routers onsite that provide redundant links to the Internet.  One link is 40MB and the other is 20MB.  We currently have a Free BSD router that connects via a hub to the two Cisco 2811.  Our ISP is running HSRP a...

gdrandles by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello;When i check debug logs, i see;interface IB0/0, routine draco2_ibc_soutput_guts, timestamp 16:39:39.471dbus info: src_vlan 0x0(0), src_indx 0x387(903), len 0x81(129)  bpdu 0, index_dir 0, flood 0, dont_lrn 1, dest_indx 0x10000(65536)  00020008 ...

A c1841 router gets loosing hardware addresses of hosts connected to ports of a HWIC-4ESW module inserted. Port shut / no shut without result, only a reload solves the issue for some days or weeks. The router has been exchanged already, including HWI...

My company got a new Cisco router a couple weeks ago and I've been attempting to configure it whenever I have a chance to do so. I have managed to set up the interfaces and get my ip address set on the outside interface(eth0/1) but I am unable to get...

dsarance1 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes