Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, We are getting high CPU utilisation in our core switches core1 & 2, We have checked and found the high CPU for Cat4k Mgmt LoPri, Also find attached files regarding same. RgdsAkil       

CCM backup on server 2008Dear friends.Kindly tell me which SFTP can use for windows/server 2008  in order to configure CCM backup.I tried with FreeFTP.could not start SFTP,received an error "GENERIC ERROR,ACCESS VIOLATION".But this works with XP.Earl...

Resolved! Securing line vty

hi all,im going to add an ACL on our switches to secure its vty lines. please advise if i need to secure 0-15 or all 871 vty lines. thanks in advance!Switch(config)#line vty ?  <0-871>  First Line numberSwitch#show user all    Line       User       H...

Hi all,I'm drawing a blank on this problem, I can't even think of what keywords to use to narrow my search to find a solution to this problem.  So if anyone can think what keywords would apply to this, please post them - that way other people can fin...

I'm looking for a bit of inspiration here gentlemen. I have a Cisco 877 router that refuses to play nice with me in regards to NAT.Here is the config file, its a clean config written from scratch in the CLI then exported.-----------------------------...

jaredp by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Enabling STP

Hi, Having recently fixed an issue with a new router not connecting due to STP being enabled, (it was disabled on the existing network).  I'm now looking to enabe it across the board.  Thing is, it's not something I'm too familar with and was just lo...

baracas77 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

DTP is only the negociation of trunking, or also the negociation of access?In Routing-Bits Handbook for CCIE I found that:#switchport mode accesswill not disable the DTP negociation. Only the nonegociate command will disable the DTP.Is this true? Thi...

Hi everyone !i am trying to connect a 3750 stack to a BNT/Nortel L2-3 GbESM switch for IBM BladeCenter (I use two links with etherchannel mode "on" on the 3750 stack).The switches act as if there was a L2 loop. Could that loop come from the etherchan...

clem67301 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The subject doesn't explain the whole situation,I am bridging three locations in my building using pairs of 1GB ports on C4948 switches. In this case, I have two 'all vlan' trunks on port 1 and 2 from Switch A to Switch B.Switch A is already configur...

SchinkelA by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to turn up trunk ports to an ESX4.1 server, and must be missing something, because I can only ping from ESX setup menu when I have the switchports setup as an access-port.config is as follows when configured for trunking and it's not ...

w951duu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card