Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I have been tasked with upgrading our core switches.Currently we are at:sho run = s72033-pk9s-mz.122-18.SXD7b.bin sho ver = IOS (tm) s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-PK9S-M), Version 12.2(18)SXD7b, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)I see nothing higher thant...

I have a 1721 router which I have connected using a crossover cable to an XP laptop. I have set up Hyperterminal with the advised settings. On connection I see a flashing cursor in the window. If I type in 'AT' I get the reply 'OK'. If I switch the r...

shalfl33t by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Just a simple question. When stacking switches do they have to be running exactly the same version of IOS?Also, what if we are running the latest IOS but one is running ipbase and the other ipservices?Thanks,Adam

Aileron88 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am a network engineer and have a problem with a LAN at work when i change the default gateway on any of the pc's. I am not sure if this problem is down to the windows xp sp3 pc's or the cisco 3750 switch they are connected to so please bear with me...

Could someone provide a good example of how to tag external EIGRP routes coming froma specific neighbor when using Nexus?We have ASAs performing Reverse Route Injection and redistribution into EIGRP. ASAs do not support route tagging for EIGRP Redist...

I'm trying to configure some basic VLANs but I'm not getting it done. I'm confused with the VLAN setup and VLAN port settings.The following is what I'm trying to setup:BOX1 & 2 in VLAN6 (connected to port 4&5) (two ESX machines)BOX3 in VLAN7 (connect...

RustyMoon by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Redundancy in 4500

Hi I have a question regarding Cisco 4507 siwtch using Supervisor Engine IV WS-X4515.I have 2 4507 switches with Dual supervisor cards in slot 1 and slot 2 respective for redundancy SSO.Port G1/1 from 1st switch is connected to G1/1 on the 2nd switch...

Dear allthe problem which i am facing rite now is a telnet session after establishing a vpn to our branch office given below is a router config note: tuunnel is establishes and showing active stateRouter#sh crypto isakmp saIPv4 Crypto ISAKMP SAdst   ...

So working to get my CCNA and have a home lab created. (Please view PDF/Configs) I am using RIP v2 routing on all links. Now the main switch is not Cisco its a linksys home router basically connected to the WAN and using it as a dumb switch via built...

smcline06 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,     I have recently tried upgrading the IOS on a stack of two 3750's. Once I had set the boot path and then reloaded the switch it took 30 minutes to come back online. The documentation I was following was http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/s...