Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I've setup a switch for AAA New-Model with a crypto RSA config and have successfuly got SSH working.  Is it possible to create multiple admin logins, using the local database, with the existing AAA New Model config?  Basicaly I need to run the ...

I would like to get some recommendations on when to get newer equipment. We currently have some 6500 series switches and are looking at buying a couple of 7200's for a specific application. We replace our servers every 4-5 yrs depending on applicatio...

michaelb by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi my name is Brian Simpson. I was given a Cisco Catalyst 2950 series switch by my dad who got it from his bisiness. When I got to boot the switch it will start up and then it freezes. But when it boots up it give me a bunch of weird letters that are...

UCBrian10 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi friends:... first of them , sorry with my english....I have two cisco 4507R , we use them like core switch, running to 1 gbps, booth of them are , like :*****IOS:Cisco IOS Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12...

If an OSPF router as two equal costs paths to the default but one path crossesfewer areas, does the path that crosses fewest areas become the installed route.I include a topology, and in it RtrA goes via RtrC to get to the defaultrather than using Rt...

g.peart by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm interested in a per command line example to configure SSH on a Cisco 4900M.  There is no TACACs or logging server for SSH on this switch, everything is local to the switch.

Hi,I have 4 3750's, all at the same IOS rev, in a stack.11 days ago, member 1 crashed due to a very slow memory leak.That is all straight-forward, I can go back and review SNMP charts that show free proc memory disappearing up to the point of the cra...

Resolved! vacl

Hi, I need to confirm if in a SW2960 the feature Vlan Acl is supported, and in what IOS?Thanks!!

I am trying to downgrade IOS code on the 3750x switch via cli. The cisco documentation lists the procedure to upgrade the code via cli using a tar file. The file and version I am trying to downgrade is available only in bin format. So the downgrade p...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card