Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I need some VLAN security advice / recommendations on the following...We have a stack of ws-c3750x-48 Layer3 switches that hosts 100+ VLANs. The VLANs are trunked to Hyper-V virtual host servers. Each virtual host cluster hosts VMs on multiple virtua...

Resolved! qos on cisco 2950

I have been reading through the lots of docs on how about configuring voice vlans on cisco switches, but almost all of them assume you have cisco IP phone. I can not find a definitive guide on how to configure voice vlans with non cisco phone, no CDP...

Hi,I have a potential client with ProCurve Switch 1800-24G (J9028A) who is having switching performance issues in a heavily used media streaming application. The HP has these performance characteristicshttp://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/sm/WF06b/12...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ok, I have been trying to sort out an issue that we have been experiencing recently, and I am not having much luck. Here is the basis of the problem:At our DR site, we have two 3750G switches that have several vlans including 200 and 207. Vlan 207 is...

Hello,We are currently facing difficulty using ports 21 thru 24 on Cisco 2960G with MDIX auto enabled and straight cables for switch trunks. The trunks do not come up.However, it works fine with cross over cables.Please advise how could the last four...

Dear All,In which scenario, We can use those Switch Ports which are connected to the Hosts as Trunk Ports ?Normally all those ports of Switch which are connected to the Hosts are in Access Mode.As per my knowledge and understanding, for the security ...

Hi,I want to implement vlan 10 on all the 48 ports in a 3750 switch with the switch stack.Can I do it using only one interface command ? Is there any restrictions on selecting the number of interfaces within a range?Ex.conf tinterface range fastether...

I have searched these forums but did not find anything on how to do this. I did this once several years ago but cannot remember how I did it. What I do remember is that I used the "debug" command and SPAN on the 6509 and the designated port where all...

zzbronski by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In the SBA (Smart Business Architecture) LAN Deployment Guide, I can read that when three or more switches are configured as a stack, the stack master should be configured on  a switch that does not have uplinks configured. (so in the middle of the s...

Hi,I see that the Nexus supports wirespeed aes encryption, however this is in the context of trustsec, which begins at the server/client.Is it possible to encrypt just the trunk links, without changing the servers? We'd like to encrypt the interDC li...

HiWe've had a WS-X6708-10GE connected via slot 3 in a 6500 and has now been removed. The configuration is still showing in both start up and running configuration. How is this config removed?e.g.!interface TenGigabitEthernet3/1 no ip address shutdown...

Hi,I have proved myself utterly wrong in the advice I gave to a colleague.He had a consultant setup his network for him. Unfortunately, the guy setup the core (4510) in transparent mode. All the edge switches are setup as clients.My colleague asked w...

Hi All,We have 45 cisco l2 switches and 2 L3, we are using LMS 3.0, I want to know how to solve IP conflict problem using LMS?I go to Nework->Object Finder->End Host->IP Address and search IP (which is conflicting) so it displays current switch,port ...