Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

One server ibm aix with 2 NIC's that have etherchannel set with mode 8023ad. I have two 2960 switches with switch A gigabit port connected switch B gigabit port. Can I have 1st NIC (primary link) going to Switch A and 2nd NIC (backup link) going to ...

ednelson by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I put this question in a discussion a few days ago and it wasn't answered completey so, I'll try to ask again. Check out the diagram.I was wondering if and etherchannel can be created by using one link that uses single mode fiber and one that uses mu...

Hello All ,R1 router has one gigabit ethernet interface (192.168.1.1/30) which is connected to carrier network >>>>then R2 (192.168.1.2/30)R1 Interface link is looped by carrier .means it lost connectivity to R2 interface.is there any way i can issue...

Suppose I have a set of 5 ports on a switch which are all teamed and allow traffic on vLAN5 I want to allow traffic on vLAN6 on the group of teamed ports.  Can this change be made without any downtime?  In other words, can the change be made in such ...

Resolved! Cisco 861W

I have a questions about the limitations of this unit.1) Its limited to 2 VLANs. How exactly do they do this if it runs Cisco IOS?2) Can this router be used as router on a stick if I need sub interfaces on inside interfaces or are they JUST switch po...

One of my customer who subscribe to 30 Mb internet link -DIA(Direct internet Access) complaining he was getting a low throughput when download and upload. Currently the setup depicted as below. Currently cust mentioned they are getting 16mb for uploa...

Hi all,if we have cisco IP phone and it is connected to switch andpc is connected  to the  IP phone and we have this configinterface fa0/1mls qos trust cosmls qos trust device cisco-phoneswitchport priority extend cos 0if someone can explain me what ...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm relatively new to Cisco.I have worked through the CCNA Voice manual though I don't have experience with all the practical of it yet. I have used SSH/Telnet to connect to the router and have setup AA, Dn and users on this network so far.I'm cu...

Does anyone know how to configure HSRP in Active, Active mode on two different routers, using the same (one) virtual gateway IP.  I would like to load balance traffic going to two different routers.

rafrancis by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi !i'v a problem with an 857 router that is blocked and Unreachable from wan and lan.I've to shutdown and restart but the problem persist after some minutes.for the isp the line is ok but can't reach the interface on level 2. Another cisco 800 work ...

m.zinni38 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Snmp control

Hi all experts.is there any way in ios configuration to only allow certain host to query router for snmp based information. All other hosts doing any queries shall be denied.

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, guys im new here, just want to ask if the old 3500 and 3560 catalyst switch still supports for upgrading there IOS and if its possible how do i do that, any procedure and guide on how to do it..? link..?And another question as i see uplink betwee...

Hello,If I have multiple vrfs on my router and they are using private subnets which overlap in different vrfs then how do I do a "debug ip packet" in order to do a debug on traffic from one vrf? For instance if vrf 100 and vrf 101 both use 192.168.2....