Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have cisco switch 2960 and a unmanaged switch etherwan. please find the attached datasheet for your reference on the unmanaged switch. Now i using SPF module (Fibre) to connect the Gig port to the Fibre port of the unmanaged switch. The port of the...

ssnickson by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello guys,is there any kind of solution running a WS-C4006 with a 10 GBit Module? And if yes, whichare compatible? I can´t find anything about it on the homepage. Seems it does onlysupport Gigabit.Thanks for help

Hi All,I have a question about active 10Gb ports on the 4500 with a Sup6-E, WS-X45-SUP6-E is the model. I've already done some searching but can't seem to find the answer.Someone else came and installed two 10Gb X2 SR GBICs into the Supervisor. One i...

gippstafe by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Im working on a project to replace 877w router with UC540, I know it doesnt have ADSL port. Can I connect ADSL model to WAN port of the UC540? and if its possible, can I configure UC540 with ISP username and password for the ADSL dialing? I would ...

Hi,We have two 6509 with Supervisor Engine 720 10GE configured in a virtual domain.I see that when a equipment do a ping to a interface vlan, I receive different time responses 2ms 10 ms 80 ms and so on.When I do a ping from one equipment to another ...

mcusine by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone!!we have a 6506-E and It comes with the image s3223-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH1.bin by default, then we make the upgrade to the following image s3223-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI5.bin. Then We make all the test and the image c...

kathy-kat by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I'm reading about proprietary uplinkfast function and it's saying that when switch will switch to blocked port, it will send some "dummy" multicast packets to "advertise" that mac addresses are now reachable on this previously-blocked-port. I...

Ziga M by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Without relying on PIM or any other multicast routing protocol, how would i relay multicast packets received on router interface A to interface B?                         PC (multicast sender)  ----->   [Router]   ----->   (network cloud)            ...

aquadisco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

May I know what is the behavor when there is a LAN combine VTP - Server, VTP client and VTP transparance mode which Client and server are sharing the same VTP domain name and password, but the VTP transparance device only set the same VTP domain name...

I'm trying to configure a RSPAN on remote VLAN 902 to monitor VLAN 101 but I'm not sure how to go about doing this. I have the remote VLAN configured in my switch but not sure how to tell it to only pull the traffic from VLAN 101.Here is parts of my ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card