Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to create a trunk between a WS-C3750G-24WS and a WS-C3750G-48PS both running 12.2(55) using MM fiber and Cisco GLC-SX-MMs. The strange thing is when I insert the GLC-SX-MMs into the SFP ports and do show int transceivers, I get no output....

Ken Wold by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allI failed the switch exam yesterday only by 2 questions!! obviously not happy but hey, not to give up.The area i did poorly "implement a security extension of a layer 2 solution" what does this mean, which areas ?One question was asking about a ...

Hi,I have a question, Does the new switch 2960-S support GLC-T module in the uplink SFP slot?I find in the data sheet the following:Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960  with SFP-based ports:• 1000BASE-T SFP-based ports**:  RJ-45 connectors, 4-pair Categor...

ooroncoym by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi everyone,My customer presently has one head office , and seven branch offices. All the branches are intended to be connected to the head office . The present structure is as follows. All the node points at head office are terminated in fourteen 24...

rahman001 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,We are having problems with ospf adjacency on a cisco 1900 router. The problem is the following:We have mora than 70 lines conected to a central router and only one is having adjancecy problems. At firts we thougth it was because of the mtu...

Hi everyone,My customer presently has one head office , and seven branch offices. All the branches are intended to be connected to the head office . The present structure is as follows. All the node points at head office are terminated in fourteen 24...

rahman001 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,i know L2 switch doesn't understand of IP.So how i can see the ip address in "sh arp" print?swXXXX1#sh arpProtocol  Address          Age (min)  Hardware Addr   Type   InterfaceInternet  172.1.9.79             2   0012.3f2b.f470  ARPA   Vlan1In...

Hi, I just wanted to ask about how you guys out there would recommend stacking 2960G for this setup:I have a location that needs 3x48ports 2960S and 3x24ports 2960S. I could also go for 4x48ports and 2 24ports, but if you have any better suggestions ...