Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi :Since my below question has no answer so far, I think I need to just ask a general question : Can Cisco switch has a feature to detect and shut the port when the linkup and linkdown of the port over the threshold setting ( like linkflap setting )...

We have a 6509 chassis located far far away in a datacentre. The primary SUP has developed a fault. The secondary SUP has not taken over on this scenario and we need to reload it but the image is stored on the flash disk of primary SUP. Is there anyw...

Hi,We had an issue few days ago with one workstation sent 9000 multicat packets per second. All of our switches reached 100% CPU. We are using a 4506 running Sup2+. Now we wanted to put back the workstation into the network and see if this will reocc...

jpl861 by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i have a 1841 RTR that's getting a hand-off from an ATT RTR so it should be easy to setup.  well i'm missing something because my LAN cannot see the ATT port.the LAN IP is 192.168.90.Xand the ATT IP is 12.4.184.Xi configured the fas0/0 (interface goi...

Hi,I was hoping somebody maybe able to have some suggestions with a parculiar problem we have with Layer 3 connectivity to a 3750 switch which is deployed in a remote location. The problem we are experiencing is unexpected timeouts when trying to con...

I have about 185 or so 3750's all runing 12.2(50) IOS. I was hoping someone here could help. We are very big on Layer 2 security and are in the process of implementing 802.1x. We have been disabling ports manually and putting them in a dead Vlan when...

ANDAFBCCO by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

2x3750 switches are stacked and we are trying to simulate traffic congestion at the UTP ports by using Smartbit 6000C. The objective of the test is to see if the QoS setting works in reality even though we see from Wireshark that the packets are mark...

Hi,My customer purchased a pair of Catalyst 6500E and each with 1 x VS720 SUP module. All linecards are 67xx which means the 6500E pair are ready for VSS deployment.However, I am preparing migration plan to my customer and I am concerning about the s...

Hi all,I'm working on a solution that will require multiple vrf's on a 3560, but I can't find how many are supported on the platform.I appreciate that the SDM template may have an effect but I ultimately need to know how many vrf's I can go up to.Dur...

websterc by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes