Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

due to audit purposes, i need to enable ssh version 2 instead of version 1.but i m seeing this error message when i tried to configure version 2."please create RSA keys to enable SSH(of at lease 768 bits size) to enable SSH v2."steps that i used to e...

yeow_km by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,            I have created the Six port-channel ports in 6513 switch for better performance..If i am making of any one port as shut, i am getting one packet drop..What is the problem with that?CoreSwitch01#sh run int gi2/48Building configura...

Hello,Can uplinkfast be configure in one switch that has 2 uplinkt to another switch (root) or for uplinkfast to work the uplinks have to be connected to two different switches? I have only two switches in my home-lab and I am trying to see how it wo...

I know that when using PBR the deny entries in an ACL are processed by the CPU and it can affect the performance of the switch. Does anyone have a good document that pertains to what can affect CPU utilization? I’m in the process of designing a comp...

juan-ruiz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am configuring a stack of 3750 switches and will be connecting to another stack using etherchannel.  I also need multiple port channel interfaces for an esx enviroment.  A former colleague of mine had mentioned once that the ports in a channel g...

Hi all, i have installed Cisco 1861 Router with 8 PoE switching ports , as per the company security policy we should enable the port security as following interface GigabitEthernet0/2 switchport port-security maximum 3 switchport port-security swit...

Does anyone know how the VSS unit ID is derived or calculated prior to assigning ??  Cannot find this info, nor do I see a way to admin the unit ID.  This is some arbitrary number making little sense.  Looking to see how to change if it all possibl...

I am new to Cisco switches and I have purchased a Catalyst 2948G (WS-C2948G used on Ebay and while trying to download documentation on it from Cisco I am finding Catalyst 2948G-GE, 2948G-TX, 2948G-L3. How do I know which one I have? There is no image...

I'm trying to set up my 2960-S (POE) switch with the express setup. I have used the express setup on multiple 2960-G (none-POE) switches and it has workd fine. However, when I use it on the POE, and I try to enter 10.0.0.1 in my browser it askes me f...

Please take a look at the below commands entered on a 4948 Catalyst.  Will this prompt me to use <root> as the username and whatever password I decide to use when logging into the switch?  I'm guessing the "default group local" portion of the CL belo...