Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

What security issues exist in a  blade server environment that dont exist with standalone servers?I have a  client who is deathly afraid of going with blade servers because he  provides services in a shared infrastructure and he is afraid of some  so...

lamav by Level 8
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a strange situation on one of my customer´s Data Centers:There are some servers connected to a C6509 switch via GigabitEthernet links set up at 1000/FD. I have observed the next difference regarding the throughput:- If flow-control is di...

Please let me confirm can we insert Gigabit Ethernet modules 10 Gigabit Ethernet modules in 6506 switch during operation i.e. it has this hot swappable feature, and if we can do, then send me the Cisco document regarding this.Thanks,Majid

Dears, I would like to do application traffice classification using NBAR,if i configure my router with the following configuration,even it will work without install the pdlm for each protocol, Router(config) # class-map match-any peer-to-peerRouter(c...

We often have guest users wanting to connect their laptops to our network, primarily for Internet access. I have set up a secure wireless with WPA - PEAP - RADIUS on our domain but this means that I have to physically configure every guest computer w...

I have a 2960G switch and I need two 1000 base SFPs for 1310 nm single mode fiber and 7 meter patch cables to go with them.  I need to know what SFP modules that I need and if they require a special patch cable.  The distance is 2100 feet.  Thanks fo...

Hi! I;m trying to configure acl in 2 x 4506 sw running hsrp. Below are the vlans created and i'm trying to apply some acl rules into the vlan interfaces based on the remarks i stated in each vlan. Need someone to verfiy whether my concept of acl in a...

dkblee by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

recently i helped one of my customer to migrate some LAN pts from nortel baystack to cisco 3750 switch.previously, a nortel baystack was connected to the cisco 3750 through a trunk port, this nortel has only 1 LAN pt on one VLAN only.the LAN pt was m...

yeow_km by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes