Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I am  trying to know how routing works. Please bear with meFor eg --I have L2 switch attched to the core1.L2 switch has default gateway of 192.168.253.1 (this sits on core 1 as an SVI)Core 3 has L2 Swi hanging off with vlan 230 SVI. Core 1 & Core ...

Hi AllJust a quick one..incase I have a tacacs server source-interface loopback0 command configured, and my loopback has no ip address , will the source packets go with the outgoing interface IP ?I saw in command reference - "The specified interface ...

sblavanya by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,In trunking encapsulation method 802.1q we can configure each end of trunk as per different modes available ( trunk, dynamic desirable, auto,non-negotiate ). and finaly if it matches the crieteria trunk is formed.In case, if trunking encapsulation...

Hi all,I have a weird problem when specifying the ntp source interface. The command disappears after a relaod! The funny thing is that, when I specify the source interface with the ntp server togther "ntp server a.b.c.d source <interface>" the comple...

weymannpe by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllGot a wierd issue ..We have done re-addressing of a subnet say 172.16.10.0/24 to a new IP range 10.x.x.x... everything works fine as expected. we defined 10.x.x.x as primary , and 172.16.10.x as secondary IP addresses on the VLAN, for migration...

sblavanya by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,I was running SSH v2 on one C4507R and this week-end I changed the hostname .Since that time I can not re-enable SSH even if  I do whatever I found on Cisco and on the web related to this problem.Has anybody met with this before?PS: Have zero...

Dear Experts,can somebody guide me wo do I confiure My Cisco 2950 Switch to form a portchannel with Alcatel 6224 in which:Ports 1,2,3 and 4 in each switch will participate in the portchannelThanks

Will data transfers stay local to a non-core switch when running  native IOS?SW1 - SUP32-10G acting as core with SVI's and OSPF SW2 and SW3 - SUP32-10G's essentially acting as L2 distribution  devicesUplinks via 10G multi-mode fiberIf host A needs to...

Mikamus07 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have output from the switch, by looking at the output how can we figure out if the switch chassis is 6509 or 6509-EChassis Type: 6509show moduleMod Slot Ports Module-Type               Model               Sub Status--- ---- ----- ----------------...

rahulja by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a network with a mixture of C3560 and C2900 series switches. As of this week we are lossing the gig port / trunk ports on all of the C2900 series switches. This ranks from WS-C2950, WS-C2950G, WS-C2960, 24 - 48 ports, to PoE and non-PoE. I cur...

I would like to know if it is possible to use the Bridge Control Protocol but limit it to a specific interface. Though The pdf guide I downloaded from Cisco shows that I have to disable all routing, I am hoping this could be limited to a given interf...