Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, Have a Cisco SGE2010p small business switch. I am trying to get multicast IGMP working with it, but the switch insists on flooding traffic to every single port.Have:* ticked the box Enable IGMP snooping* ticked the box Enable Bridge multicast fil...

Hi,We want to force all connections through 1 of a pair of 6590Es, which are using GLBP, for testing purposes. However, even though the doco says 'none', it still defaults to 'round robin'. Doing a sh glbp displays round-robin. We want it to be like ...

I have  a network with firewalls and support networks, but I would like to test external users with my support area, but do not want NAT everything.Outside network --FW--(NAT Outside)Support Network(network 1.1.1.0/24 (NAT Inside) ->FW-->Router NAT  ...

Hi,I've got a choice of getting a new WAN connection but I don't fully understand the reasons for choosing a layer2 wan over a layer3 wan, can someone please explain the advantages/disadvantages of each and when to use either?Thanks in advance,Dan

dan_track by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm a little baffled with this one...I connected a 3560, using an SFP GBIC and SC to LC Fiber cable, to a 4912 switch - worked fine. I disconnected the 3560 from the network for reasons not relevant to this discussion.I connected the same 3560 with n...

Hello,I am trying to understand the following configuration, any help would be highly appreciated.From the destribution block we have uplinks to core , where we used point-to-point ( not sure why ) also priority and cost was configured ....will it wo...

josh94950 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, Im having an issue with my VTY sessions are not closing.  They are stuck in Idle mode.I also tried clearing my sessions manually and still will not clear out.I know a reload will workHere is what I have.IOS - c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-44-SEModel -...

DTNappo73 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,have you come across this error unknown protocol drops which is seen under show int for either tunnel int ,gigabit ,serial or fastethernet.Please let me know how do we overcome this error or is there any fix on this error.ThanksSanjeevcom

slopes by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, folks:I'm looking at a data center of a company that has a huge enterprise network. The server farm uses a switched access layer and a collapsed core comprised of two 6509 switches. They have about 200 IOS SLB instances, with probes, configured i...

lamav by Level 8
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear AllI have cisco 4006 as centrel switch and it is connected with diffrent cisco models like cisco 2950 from other locationsi have 4 subnets connected with cisco 4006. it is possible to do routing on this cisco 4006 switch if possible then tell me...

HiI am planning to do ethernet portchannel with two Gi ethernet ports. Any experience how L3 port channel works. If i put a ip address under e.g interface Port-channel1 config does it inherit/copy to interface GigabitEthernet 1/1 and 1/2 config.inter...

u346874_2 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am implementing NIC bonding/teaming with Catalyst 2960.Linux_A has both NICs connected to the Catalyst 2960 witha bonding interface. I setup the catalyst with EtherChannel as follows:interface GigabitEthernet0/2 description Generic dual-processor ...

cisco24x7 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card