Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello:Can anyone recommend a really good study guide for the CCIE written exam?I know there are tons of them out there, which is why I would like some feedback from someone who has actually used a product and was really satisfied with it.ThanksVictor

lamav by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a 2801 Router running 12.4(24)T2 with a 9 port Ethernet Module. The problem I have is that I have a phone and a PC connected to it. For some reason, the PC looses connection from time to time and I can't even ping it from the router. The r...

Resolved! ACL Issue

I have created a new VLAN on my 6509 Core Switch.   On this VLAN, I have applied an extended ACL to allowservers OUTSIDE the VLAN to access certain servers INSIDE the VLAN.   It appears the access-list is workingbut yet my access-list doesnt show mat...

jonesl1 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Cisco Users/experts,I'm not sure if posted in the right forum, but it's about ACLs and switching, so...Currently i'm configuring our new network:Core:2x 3750G (WS-C3750G-24-TS) in a stack, so it's one switch logically.Access:2x 2960G (WS-C2960G-...

Is Portfast & BPDUGuard still needed on access ports when Flex Link is enable? STP is disable when FlexLink is enable but i believe both can be active on the same switch but Flex Links do not participate in STP in all VLANs in which STP is configured...

Resolved! RSPAN issue

Dear All,I have 2 Catalyst 4507 trunked together, and already have an RSPAN session configured on them. The problem is I cannot see any traffic on the protocol analyzer attached to the destination port.I've created rspan vlan 937 on both switches, an...

Hi,Our vmware team came to me with a question, they want to hook up a vmware vsphere machine to the network as described in the attached pdf file.The 2 etherchannels between the 2 6500's are already in place.Our 2 cisco 6500 switches are not VSS capa...

Hi,I am looking for a relatively cheap, top of rack data centre switch with wire rate performance and 10Gbps upgradeability. I do not require Layer 3 or any advanced stacking features. Looking through the product portfolio the Catalyst 2350 fits the ...

cbeswick by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI,     What are the possibilities of VSS switchover from active to standby chassis aside from the VSL link being down?\\     Thanks.

I have a trunk link between a 6509 and 3750, no native vlan is set on the interface.Only one vlan is allowed on the trunk -  switchport trunk allowed vlan 300.One switch is VTP server one is to be client.Will VTP communicate between the 2 switches if...

chris by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am making an ASR router configuration using the SPA-5X1GE-V2.I am wondering if using the SFP-GE-T the ports can operate at 100 M besides 1 GiOn some docs the SFP-GE-T is stated as supporting 10/100/1000 M.The SPA-5X1GE-V2 description is Cisco 5-Por...

rgomes by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi NetproCan Etherchannel be configured as Layer2 and Layer3. We plan to aggregate link between Cisco Catalyst 6500 and F5-LTM F5 recommends LACP. How do I configure LACP on 6500 CATOS, anything to lookout on this change.cheersTOM

I am trying to track down a packet that seems to be disappearing in our ditribution switch.  The sniff shows a destination mac of 000b.450d.000a, however, i do not see this mac address anywhere in the switch.  I am seeing the STP VLAN mac as 000b.450...

MMstre by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes