Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have a pair of 3750 (collector) swtiches trunked together with a pair of ASA5510 Firewalls connected to them. We want to attach different LAN segments to the Collector switches - which are at different security levels - and so cannot have acc...

jschweng by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I just wanted to ask if anybody can confirm about the compatibility of Finisar's GbE SFP Modules with the switch SRW2008 (small business solution).Is there any limitation in the SFP modules brand that work in CISCO switches?Best regards,Antonio

We have 4 C2960-48PST-Ls and 1 C2960-24LT-L and would like to cluster them.  One of the C2960-48PST-L is the cluster master.  We have sucessfully clustered the 4 C2960-48PST-Ls but when we try to add the C2960-24LT-L (cluster member mac-address 0024....

dtom by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've been tasked with configuring QoS across the network of where I work.  Currently the configs have some legacy QoS statements on the switches for the voice VLAN but I'm not sure if they are working or not.  These statements are meant to only mark ...

boxhallbr by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just bought 3 x 2610 routers for a lab. Each of the above has a T1 DSU/CSU and an Ethernet card.  I gave the s0/0 int an IP and subnet mask yet not able to ping the int from the router.  Any advise would be appreciated.00:12:56: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Co...

saidfrh18 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,From my reading thus far, I know that one can use 802.1 Q tunnel to pass VLAN across a WAN link. My questions: is it possible to pass more than one VLAN across a WAN link? Does anyone has a sample configuration?Regards,

Tshi M by Level 5
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys, What is the probable cause of this logs in our Core switches, I haven't change the vrrp settings, it is always showed up every night.*Feb  2 07:27:12: %VRRP-6-STATECHANGE: Vl1 Grp 1 state Backup -> Master*Feb  2 07:27:13: %VRRP-6-STATECHANGE...

Scenario 1 core switch (vtp server)10 access switches (vtp client)We need to change the VTP domain name from A to B. I have tested it in a lab and it doesnt seem to cause any problems or downtime. Does anyone have any previous experience doing this?

mikegrous by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,  I have Cat6500 with named ACLs matching L4 traffic configured and applied to L2 port. Software is : (s3223_rp-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(18)SXF5.  I cannot use PACL as it requires a bit higher revision number software I believe.  The problem...

mgajew by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI have in the LAB hub ans spoke NBMA topology 1 hub and 2 spokeand i was started EIGRP, HUB was push default route to the spokes.i need some changes only in the HUB side what will be change neighbor metrik only one neighborif i change the interf...

m.govorov by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello experts,I have some confusion regarding etherchannel. The scenario is1) one the IBM blade server there are 4 cisco 3110G switch in stack and the other side there are 6 3750G switches in stack.2) every first 2 ports of the 3110G switch are conne...

Hi all,I have a problem regarding NTP sync.For some reason the clocks on my Cat2960 will not update via NTP(C1812).There is no firewall and authenticaton between the Cat2960 and the NTP(C1812) .Following out put is from a Cat2960 that will not sync.#...