Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a security system in which i need a static IP address in my house (in which the cable company already gave me my static IP), however, i need everything else to be on DHCP address (computers, Access point)....I have a house in which i have ever...

Can the Catalist 3560 be configured to switch off MAC multicast addresses rather than IP multicast addresses?If not, what does it switch off if the multicast data is not IPv4 or IPv6? Or does it forward the data to all ports?In addtion, if the multi...

tempest26 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3750 in a stack and some trunks to 3560s.  We are implementing a new phone system with non-cisco phones.  The phones we are using are aastra's.  Our switches have the auto qos turn on for the trunks. The intention is to plug the existing des...

i have to assign a seperate default route on vlan2. Please let me know how to do that I already have a default route on Vlan 1 but dont want to use that for vlan2

I have a remote site that has setup VRRP on interfaces 5/1 and 5/2. Should both the master and the slave interface ports be on the same module or on separate ones...if they are available? Is there a best practice document for VRRP that will state thi...

Hello Everyone,I am preparing a group of switches for production and noticed some interesting behavior. I am interested in getting some feedback on it.Allright, This is the enviornment. I have two 3750G switches stacked via the stacking cable. I have...

Hello Everyone,I have a question / situation that I'd like to run everyone by.Client's enviornment looks something like this :                                                   Historically, the servers have existed on the same subnet (192.168.2.0 /2...

Hi,Currently our company has 65k switch where qos is enabled. it has the following configurations for video traffic and network protocols traffic with the following threshold valueswrr-queue cos-map 2 2 4wrr-queue cos-map 3 2 3 wrr-queue cos-map 3 3 ...

naveenb by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

At our company, we only allow five vty session at a time into a router. On several different occassions, our vty sessions are locked out bc they forget to logout. I have the command "exec-timeout 15 0", but the engineers would usually remove it so th...

I have scoured the Cisco docs for a solution, but I still don't know how to solve my problem.I have one Cat4500 with a SupII+ engine in my LAN that is set as Server, as well as another similar 4500 set as Client. There are about 30 other Catalyst swi...

Hi, I have been configuring access-list on a 2811 router to deny all traffic except TFTP. Right now, only the router who's IP adresse are in the ACL, can copy their running-config to the TFTP server. However, the router that is directly connected t...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but.. I am looking to buysome Cisco switches and routers on ebay.  How is the software license transferred?  Can the unit be sold without the software?  Thanks!