Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, I have a intreasting question. I have a Catalyst 6006 with MSFC card. I run, say 4 VLANS. I want to, say, block VLAN 3 from the rest but allow say a VLAN 3 machine to access HTTPS and DNS. What is the best way and most secure way of doing it ? I ...

edw by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have 5 Cisco switches 4 of them are 3750 Series and 5th switch is 3750 G series, 1st 4 switches are part of stack and 5th is not.Design for 4 stack switches is :Switch 1 Connect to Switch 4Switch 1 also connects to switch 2 with a 2nd cableS...

205000jag by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello,we have a scenario as follows;-4507r-dual sup 5requirement-1 flash has to be replaced without downtimewas thingking to do the following procedure-remove the sup 5 on standby-replace the flash-do a copy tftp:ios_image to slavebootflash (this par...

I am installing a new network at a location.  The core of the network will be 2 clusters of 3750's.  Each cluster is 2 switches.  I am using the Cisco StackWise cable to connect the 2 - 3750's in the stack.  I am looking to connect the 2 cores of the...

TroyNye08 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

*** PCI System Error Exception ***PC = 0xfff05b70, Vector = 0x100, SP = 0x680127d0facing  error  on  router   2691 help me  to resolve issue

hello,-is there any sup 5 (2ge) documentation showing where the bootflash and system memories are?-i could see some pictures but i couldnt see anything showing the bootflash. This is i assume that the bootflash is a 64mb compact flash.

Hi,I am looking to find detail of the below two types of config on an cisco6500 switch.1.no wrr-queue random-detect 2no wrr-queue random-detect 3wrr-queue cos-map 1 3 0wrr-queue cos-map 2 2 4wrr-queue cos-map 3 1 3wrr-queue cos-map 3 2 7wrr-queue cos...

Hello,I have a problem in a rack with one switch 3750-48TS.I have a good IOS in the flash memory for which the switch is able to boot when it is at my desk.Then twice, I plug it in the rack where it should be and twice it was not able to boot. When I...

billetj09 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a scenario where i have only one PoE access port available, and i have to daisy chain three devices on that single port, 2 of them are PoE enabled as per my findings we cannot daisy chain two POE devices on a single access port and im not sure...

when configuring private vlan, we usually find that the first thing to do is to set the vtp mode to transparent.however in most cases core/distribution switches are in vtp mode server.does this mean we can't use PVLAN in core switches?

ohassairi by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My internal LAN is segmented into numerous VLANs.  The VLANs are routed via a Cisco 3550 switch.  The routing in the switch has a default to our firewall which then sends traffic on to the Internet.  We are going to be testing a new firewall and woul...

tohoken by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Pardon me if these two questions simply illustrate my ignorance:I have two clusters of 3524XL switches; one on the 3rd floor of my building, one on the 5th.Each cluster is, in turn, connected via gigabit SX to a 3750E in our central network room on t...