Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

How can I find out why my default gateway router (Cisco 857) keeps sending out ARP requests for the MAC address of a host that is offline?When I sniff packets on the internal LAN, I continue to see these broadcast ARP requests coming from this router...

p3t3rt0sh by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

when the traffic comes into the mirroring interface(so called the span destination port),the traffic is forwarding to other direction? reference system routing table?when I show interface the mirroring interface, I found the inbound rate from neighbo...

syjeon by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm playing around with vlan ACLs on a 3550.  Here is a snippet of my config:vlan access-map forward-icmp 20 action forward match ip address icmp-h1h2vlan filter forward-icmp vlan-list 11ip access-list extended icmp-h1h2 permit icmp host 192.168.2.4 ...

iancarder by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,I need you help. Here is my situation.I have two LANS spread over a geographical area which I would like to connect.On Network A, I have Internet connection, dhcp server, Cisco 2800 Series router, Cisco 2960 Series switch, exchange, file serv...

aqureshi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I routinely take traces of LAN traffic just to see what is out there. Two days ago I saw that 25% of all packets were reporting as malformed packet.The next day I checked again and there were none. I checked again today and 25% of all traffic is repo...

I'have VLAN 10 configured with 10.15.0.254/24, VLAN 11 with 10.15.1.254/24 , and use static route for ip address w.x.y.z  with GW 10.15.0.11.Now if 10.15.0.11 is down , I should have route to 10.15.1.11 as GW.But even if interface 10.15.0.11 is down ...

Guys,I noticed something interesting regargind HSRP and was wondering if someone could shed some light on the subject. I have two 6509e switches configured for HSRP on 10 different VLANs.  The primary switch is set to Active using its default priorit...

Hello,I have a Catalyst 3560 configured with multiple VLANs. In some VLANs I have multicasr senders and in other VLANs I have multicast receivers, so I have to configure inter-VLAN multicast routing.- Have I to configure PIM? Or is there any other wa...

I have a 6509 switch with Multiple Vlans. VLAN205 (10.1.5.*) is assigned to the Infrastruicture team. However due to some older applications in our organisation in VLAN 1, in their code are a range of ip addresses as a security measure. These are 172...

g.roselt by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

greeting all,i have a trunk connection between 3750 and 4506 and the trunk link is up however data traffic is not going through, i can see that when i ping from 4506 to the 3750 the icmp reach the 3750 but however it is not returning back , is it a ...

Hello,my costumer is working with a 6509-E chassis running two WS-SUP720-3B with 12.2(33)SXI2a.Redundancy mode is SSO but the state is DISABLED, why? c6500-P3b#show redundancy states       my state = 13 -ACTIVE      peer state = 1  -DISABLED         ...